Manchester United star Edinson Cavani may be suspended pending an investigation by the Football Association into the use of a polarizing term many consider racist.
The FA has confirmed that it is investigating a Cavani Instagram post released following United’s 3-2 win over Southampton, in which the striker scored twice.
In the post, which has since been deleted, the words « gracias negrito! » are used to thank a supporter who recognized Cavani for his performance in the match at St. . Marys.
« Negrito » was the term used by ex-Liverpool striker Luis Suarez – Cavani’s friend and teammate from Uruguay – during a 2011 United derby. It was directed against his opponent, the French left-back Patrice Evra.
At the time, Suarez claimed it was a term of endearment in Uruguay that was endorsed by some language experts.
The FA issued an edict ahead of the 2020/21 season that any sanctions related to racism would result in a ban on at least three games.
Losing Cavani would be a heavy blow to the Red Devils, who are fighting tooth and nail to keep in touch with the top of the EPL ladder.
Edinson Cavani, Manchester United F. . C.. . , Uruguayan national soccer team
World news – AU – EPL star banned due to controversial wording
. . Related title :
– Manchester United star Edinson Cavani could receive a three-game ban on social media posts
– Edinson Cavani investigates after & # 39; racist& # 39; Social media post
– Edinson Cavani will be banned after doing that copied what Luis Suarez once did
– After Edison Cavani Mann called & # 39; N ****** & # 39; in his Instagram story as a UTD fan, he is threatened with a three-game ban for a & # 39; racist & # 39; contribution.
– Cavani risks big risk according to racist message
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]