LIVERPOOL – Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp reiterated his call for the Premier League to reconsider their decision to keep a maximum of three substitutes per game instead of five as an overloaded schedule has led to fatigue and injuries to the players.
While top leagues across Europe took advantage of the option of adding five substitutes per game in a season curtailed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Premier League opted for just three.
Klopp’s Liverpool have been plagued by numerous injuries and with England’s traditionally overloaded schedule around the corner, the German boss has urged the authorities to make the change in the interests of the players’ wellbeing.
« Thank god we had the managers meeting and if we had voted that day it would have been 15-5 in favor of five submarines, » Klopp told reporters.
« We couldn’t vote because managers aren’t allowed to, but it has increased from 11-9 in favor of three subs to 15-5 in favor of five. Hopefully those who make the decisions can take the next steps. «
The English Football League (EFL) has allowed its clubs to make five substitutions in games, but any change in the Premier League requires the support of 14 teams to vote for it before it can be implemented.
« We have to make changes to the submarines, we have to talk about the fixture list, » added Klopp. « At Christmas we’re going to play twice again in less than 48 hours and have this discussion again.
« Everyone will look at me (and say) ‘Oh, he’s talking about all that stuff again’. But at Christmas it’s physically possible what we’re doing, but it’s really dangerous and it’s the same as the season progresses. «
Liverpool F. . C.. . , Premier League, Jürgen Klopp, City of Leicester F. . C.. .
World news – AU – Liverpool’s Jürgen Klopp longs for five submarines before the full Christmas schedule
. . Related title :
– Liverpool& # Jurgen Klopp longs for five submarines before the full Christmas schedule
– Premier League – Opinion: This could finally be the year Tottenham& wins the Premier League
– Before their upcoming encounter on Merseyside, Brendan Rodgers and Christian Fuchs previewed the game with the . . .
– Premier League: Klopp wants five subs to rule before the full Christmas schedule
– > Klopp hopes Liverpool youth will advance in injury crisis
– PREMIER LEAGUE: Liverpool in massive Leicester test as arsenal in front of potential banana peel to Leeds 5 best left-backs in the Premier League this season (2020-21)
– Klopp does not think about January transfer window despite growing injury list
– Game plan dangerous for players, says Jürgen Klo pp
– Brendan Rodgers urges Harvey Barnes to switch from youngster to star player
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]