NBA Commissioner Adam Silver says a fine of 50. $ 000 was discipline for James Harden after the Houston Rockets security guard breached the league’s COVID-19 protocols at a recent indoor party, adding a lock would have been too tough.
The Rockets’ home opener against the Oklahoma City Thunder was postponed Wednesday (U.S. time) after three of Houston’s players returned tests that were either positive or inconclusive for COVID-19. Harden was not available because he was isolated after attending the social event that was captured on video.
« The precedent is for discipline to be tightened, » Silver said in an interview that aired on ESPN.
« It’s Christmas. It was a first offense and the 50th. 000 US dollars [66. $ 000] is the limit of my authority under the collective agreement.
« It’s a very unusual time and we need to take that into account, » he later added.
The disgruntled star’s video surfaced on social media where he was shown without a mask at a crowded party in a private function room Monday night. Harden explained in an Instagram post that has since been deleted why he attended the event.
He wrote: “One at a time. I showed love to my homegirl at her event (not a strip club) because she’s going to be boss and putting her people in successful positions and now it’s a problem. It’s different every day. No matter how many times people try to get my name under you, you can’t. The real people always come out on top. ”
Harden was actually lucky, said Silver. The 31-year-old would have missed a matchday paycheck if the game had taken place on Wednesday, which would have been a bigger sanction.
Instead, Harden will be isolating through Friday (Saturday AEDT) and will likely be available for the team’s new season opener the next day in Portland.
« None of this was predictable or ideal, » said Thunder coach Mark Daigneault Thursday after his team’s training session in Oklahoma City.
The NBA and Players Association reported that of the 558 players who played since Jan.. Tested for COVID-19 on December 31st, two tests returned positive.
« Anyone who has returned a confirmed positive test will be isolated until released according to the isolation exit rules set out by the NBA and Players Association under CDC guidelines, » the NBA and association said in a joint statement.
James Harden, Houston Rockets, NBA, ESPN, Oklahoma City Thunder
World News – AU – NBA defends Harden punishment: ‘It’s Christmas’
. . Related Title :
– NBA Defends Harsh Punishment: & # 39; It& # 39; s Christmas& # 39;
– Silver defends hard punishment: & # 39; It& # 39; s Christmas& # 39;
– The NBA team hired a private detective for James Harden?
– became Adam Silver: James Harden not suspended because of party because & # 39; it& # 39; s Christmas& # 39;
– NBA defends Harden f ine: " It& # 39; s Christmas"
– Harden beaten with mandatory quarantine, fine, then protocol violations
– Fans beat up NBA commissioner Adam Silver after saying he didn’t suspend James Harden over maskless club . . .
– Adam Silver sends a warning to James Harden
– Adam Silver: James Harden not suspended because injury was the first offense
– Karl-Anthony Towns Pain Shows Why James Harden Needs To Stop Being Selfish Take NBA& Security Protocols Seriously to take
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: