Two men drowned on Teewah Beach to save a boy after tragedy sparked a family day out.
Aaron Purchase, regional manager for Surf Life Saving Queensland Sunshine Coast, said a group of three to four families were on a day trip at Teewah Beach when they stopped to swim near Red Canyon.
He said a nine-year-old boy got into trouble and two men in their mid-30s tried to save him but got into trouble themselves.
Mr Purchase said one man did not respond while another was hidden on the beach. Both men died on the scene.
The husband’s wife and family now begin their sad journey back to their home in Dalby.
The tragedy hit the popular tourist hotspot of Teewah Beach this afternoon after two men drowned at the age of 30.
A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman confirmed the death, saying an eight-year-old boy had also been pulled out of the water but was fully vigilant and conscious.
The spokesman said the boy and his mother will be flown to the hospital, likely to Sunshine Coast University Hospital, by rescue helicopter this afternoon.
A statement from the Queensland Police Service confirmed that the nine-year-old boy was treated on-site and taken to Sunshine Coast University Hospital in stable condition.
Aaron Purchase, regional manager for Surf Life Saving Queensland in the Sunshine Coast, said the Westpac rescue helicopter and two four-wheel drive had been tasked with the scene, which was located at least 12 miles north of the Noosa River.
The rescue helicopter was believed to have picked up paramedics from the Sunshine Coast Airport during a refueling stop on the way to the inaccessible scene.
The magic of Christmas will be from 11. until 22. December on Hastings Street.
A woman five months pregnant saved her husband from being swept away when he tried to rescue a group of swimmers, including a boy off Teewah Beach.
The head of the red frogs has reminded the schoolmates of the Mayor of Noosa to decide where to hold their year-end celebrations.
A couple on the coast celebrates an important milestone in 65 years of love and romance.
With mercury rising as high as 47 ° C across the state today, a cool change is not far away. SEE CURRENT TEMPS
An award-winning Queensland chef is behind a new pop-up restaurant.
The Noosa Eat & Drink Festival offers a long lunch for special occasions. . .
A researcher may have found a strong clue pointing to Noosa National Park. . .
© Sunshine Coast Newspaper Company Pty Ltd 2020. Unauthorized reproduction is prohibited under Australian law and international treaties.
Sunshine Coast, Noosa Shire, Noosa North Shore, Teewah Beach, drowning
World News – AU – Two men dead, boy, 9, hospitalized on horror vacation
. . Related title :
– Two men drown and child in Queensland Beach hospital tragedy
– >> Two drowned people, rushed to the child after an incident Noosa North Shore hospitalized
– Two dead after drowning at Teewah Beach in near Noosa on the Sunshine Coast
– Pregnant women and her husband make fun of their heartache after storming the wild surf to rescue a boy . . .
– Two men drown on Teewah Beach on the Sunshine Coast
– Pregnant woman saves husband in desperate Teewah rescue
– Two men drown on the north coast of Noosa, child flown to hospital
– <a href =" /? S = Two men drown on the north coast of Noosa& # 39; boy rushed to hospital "Two men drown on the north coast of Noosa&, boy rushed to hospital
– Two men died after trying to save a boy from drowning
– Noosa North Shore tragedy after two people drowned on Teewah Beach in Queensland
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]