Newcastle United Acquisition & Transfer News: England Defender Eyes Out, Reveals FA Cup Third Round Draw Details
Cowley spoke to the Southend Echo and when asked if he would like to take command, said, « Sure. Sunderland is a huge football club with a wonderful history. For some reason they’re in the premier league, but we’ll just have to wait and see. ”
« We’re enjoying some time off and it was a really good opportunity for us to go out and study.
« We’re still trying to improve and are currently working on our Pro license.
Gus Poyet was quickly installed as an early favorite when Phil Parkinson was released on Sunday afternoon, and Poyet has been known to plan on returning to Sunderland one day.
Other names in the frame are Paul Cook, Cowley, Nigel Pearson and Lee Johnson and Daniel Stendel.
Poyet, who left Sunderland in 2015, previously announced that one day he will be open to a return.
In the past few weeks – before Parkinson’s release – he was telling the Speaking Sunderland podcast, « Could I go back? » Yes, of course, ”said Poyet.
Cowley also picked Lincoln up as League One champions, bringing the club back into the third division of English football for the first time since 1999.
After their success, the two were hired by the championship club Huddersfield Town, but fired two days after relegation to the third division.
Meanwhile, Paul Cook has broken his silence about the vacant job in Sunderland, praising the Black Cats supporters.
Cook – now 2/1 as the club’s next permanent manager at SkyBet – spoke about the situation and Sunderland just days after Parkinson’s sack on the Totally Football League show.
« The brutal reality is that you have to get promoted, you have to win football games, » said Cook.
« Because, you know, and you’ll see it up close, everyone talking about plans and philosophies, and giving the new manager time. When the press leaves the parking lot that day, you’re usually under the microscope immediately.
« This is just football today. I felt that in a sense when I made Portsmouth. Again, the problem for managers who go to these clubs is that fans in general are used to seeing big names and big players. full stadiums, win football. ”
Sunderland A. . F.. . C.. . , EFL League One, Phil Parkinson, EFL Championship, Gus Poyet, Danny Cowley, Paul Cook, Huddersfield Town A. . F.. . C.. .
World news – GB – Next Sunderland manager: Dramatic turn when TWO candidates break the silence
. . Related titles :
– The two questions that will define Sunderland for the years to come, as Wearside is eagerly awaiting changes
– Next Sunderland manager: Dramatic twist as TWO contenders break the silence
– > Who is Andrew Taylor? Sunderland&’s first team coach who will take command against Burton
– Danny Cowley explains the interest in Sunderland&s manager job
– Next chances for Sunderland managers: Poyet withdrew heavily overnight when a new date beckoned, Paul Cook the next . . .
– > Sunderland not only needs a new manager, they also need new leadership – this is the lowest point
– Portsmouth& # 39; s League Two title winner Paul Cook a & # 39; strong& # 39; Candidate for Sunderland
– Danny Cowley wants to become a Sunderland manager
– Next Sunderland manager quota: Poyet under for return after Parkinson’s discharge
– Report: Sunderland Eye League One winner as new boss; Ex-Black Cats Ass could return too
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: