News Corp is a network of leaders in diversified media, news, education, and information services.
LAWRENCE OKOLIES first world title was knocked out after Krzysztof Glowacki tested positive for coronavirus.
Okolie was supposed to compete against the Pole for the vacant WBO world cruiserweight title on the undercard of his manager Anthony Joshua next weekend.
But promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed that the fight needs to be postponed as he is looking for a replacement opponent instead.
After winning the British, Commonwealth and European titles, a shot at world fame should follow.
The 34-year-old threatens to be Okolie’s toughest test to date after losing only twice in 33 fights.
These came to Oleksandr Usyk and controversial against Briedis, a fight in which Glowacki was bent over and struck after the bell.
He held the WBO title after winning the intermediate version against Maxim Vlasov in 2018.
And when Usyk switched to heavyweight division and dropped his undisputed crown, Glowacki inherited the full title.
After his loss to Briedis in the World Boxing Super Series tournament, the WBO ordered a rematch due to the controversial end.
However, since Briedis had already reached the WBSS final, he decided against the fight and was stripped of the title.
The WBO then agreed to allow Okolie to challenge former champ Glowacki for the harness.
Our journalists try to be accurate, but occasionally we make mistakes. For more details on our Complaints Policy and to file a complaint, please click this link: thesun. co. uk / editorial complaints /
Lawrence Okolie, Krzysztof Głowacki, Anthony Joshua, Eddie Hearn, Kubrat Pulev, World Boxing Organization
World News – GB – Okolie vs Glowacki canceled after pole tests test positive for coronavirus
. . Related title :
– Lawrence Okolie&’s world title fight against Krzysztof Glowacki CANCELED after pole tests tested positive for coronavirus > Okolie looking for a new cruiserweight title Fight Foe With Glowacki Out
– Eddie Hearn is looking for a new Lawrence Okolie opponent on social media
– Glowacki tests positive for COVID-19, Okolie needs new opponent for December. 12
– Krzysztof Glowacki The newest fighter to test positive for Covid , Fight with Lawrence Okolie Off
– Joshua vs Pulev: Lawrence Okolie fights as Krzysztof Glowacki positive for Covid-19
– The UK-born Nigerian boxer Okolie: Joshua and I want to have a big fight in Nigeria
– Krzysztof Glowacki tests positive for COVID, drawn from 12. December Lawrence Okolie fight
– Eddie Hearn seeks late substitute against Lawrence Okolie to fight Anthony Joshua against Kubrat Pulev undercard
– Lawrence Okolie vs.. . Krzysztof Glowacki scrapped by Anthony Joshua vs.. . Kubrat Pulev undercard
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: