Abu Muhammad al-Masri was shot dead in Tehran over three months ago, according to The New York Times.
The New York Times, citing intelligence officials, reported that the number two in al-Qaeda was killed in Iran in August by Israeli agents acting on the orders of the United States.. .
The New York Times reported that Abdullah Ahmad Abdullah, whose nom de guerre was Abu Muhammad al-Masri, was shot dead by two men on a motorcycle in Tehran. . He was accused of helping orchestrating the 1998 bombings of two US embassies in Africa.
Al-Masry was seen as the likely successor to Ayman al-Zawahiri, who is believed to be the current al-Qaeda leader. .
The New York Times said it was not clear what role, if any, the United States played in the killing of the Egyptian-born gunman on August 7, the anniversary of the embassy attacks, adding that the US authorities were pursuing Al-Masry and others.. Al Qaeda operatives have been in Iran for years.
Iran denied the report. And the Iranian Foreign Ministry said in a statement that there is no presence of al-Qaeda « terrorists » ???? On Iranian soil.
â ?? From time to time, Washington and Tel Aviv are trying to link Iran with these groups by lying and leaking false information to the media in order to avoid responsibility for the criminal activities of this group and other terrorist groups in the region ???? The ministry said.
An American official who spoke to Reuters on condition of anonymity refused to confirm any of the details in the New York Times story or to reveal whether there was any American involvement.. The White House National Security Council did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Al-Masri and his daughter, the widow of Hamza bin Laden, Osama bin Laden’s son, were killed, The Times reported.. .
Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, who masterminded the September 11 attacks on the United States, was killed in a US raid in Pakistan in 2011.
Al-Masry had « custody » in Iran ???? Since 2003 but have been living freely in an upscale suburb of Tehran since 2015, the New York Times quoted unnamed US intelligence officials as saying:.
US counterterrorism officials believe that Iran, also an enemy of the United States, may have allowed him to live there to conduct operations against American targets, the New York Times reported.. .
It was not immediately known what, if any, the killing of Egyptians would have had on al-Qaeda activities. . Although it has lost top commanders in nearly two decades since the attacks on New York and Washington, it has maintained active branches from the Middle East to Afghanistan and West Africa..
Al-Qaeda, Iran, Israel, Abdullah Ahmad Abdullah, Osama bin Laden
World News – African Union – Israeli agents in Iran kill the first lieutenant of Al-Qaeda â ???? Â Transfer
. . Related title :
– Israeli agents In Iran, Al Qaeda First Lieutenant & was killed – Report
– <a href = "/? S =" Israel reportedly killed Al Qaeda lieutenant Abu Muhammad al-Masri in Iran in August. Al-Qaeda lieutenant Abu Muhammad al-Masri was killed in Iran in August
– Base No. 39. Two people killed by Israeli agents in Iran
– Iran denies allegations that an al-Qaeda member was killed in Tehran
– Iran mocks the report that says that the second man in al-Qaeda was killed in Tehran
– Israel assassinated the most prominent al-Qaeda operative in Tehran in August, according to the report.
– Iran denies allegation that Israeli agents killed al-Qaeda bomber in Tehran
– Al Qaeda & # 39; Second in Command & # 39; killed by Israeli agents in Iran following orders from US& # 39;
– Iran denies killing an Al-Qaeda operative in Iran
– Al Qaeda & # 39; s No. 2 people accused in the attacks on the US embassy were killed secretly in Iran
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: