Daniel Ricciardo will start the Turkish Grand Prix in fifth place after a solid qualifying performance in tough conditions.
Heavy rain wreaked havoc on a track previously compared to an ice rink during a training run, while increasing the slip creating an interesting net.
Lewis Hamilton qualified sixth – his lowest starting position this year – while teammate Valtteri Bottas also lagged.
Max Verstappen was the fastest in practice, but fell back to second place when Canadian Lance Stroll overtook the Red Bull superstar in the lead.
After struggling in practice, Ricardo did well in tough conditions, which he said « took a few years out of our lives ».
« Maybe the best way to describe it, I did a snowboard driving course and it expels you and never bites, there’s no grip and honestly that’s how I felt today.
On a strange day, F1 organizers said they would investigate after cars were allowed onto the correct lane before the rescue lever returned to safety, while a dog was running for a while on the track.
Stroll said his success in the qualifiers could be limited to driving experience in bright conditions at home in Canada..
“I grew up driving on snow in my car park at home, wandering around, and skiing around,” Stroll said.
“I’m upset because I’m relieved all weekend and I’m feeling terrible now,” he said.
« Obviously something is not working for us with this framework, and yes it was very frustrating when it was the first time in each session.
« It’s not what I like, but it can’t be positive all the time – then I say that, I’m still runner-up – but I always want the best, and I always try to do better.
This service may contain material from France Press (AFP), APTN, Reuters, AAP, CNN, and BBC World Service which is copyright and cannot be reproduced..
AEST = 10 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (Greenwich Mean Time)
Formula 1, Lance Stroll, Racing Point F1 Team, Max Verstappen, Turkish Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton
World News – African Union – « It Was Survive »: Ricardo He defies the conditions to qualify fifth in the Turkish Grand Prix
. . Related title :
– Daniel Ricciardo qualifies for fifth place in the Turkish Grand Prix because the rain and the new track make conditions treacherous
– Turkish Grand Prix 2020 Live: Weather Makes & # 39; Awesome & # 39; The track is tougher
– <a href="/?s= Hamilton goes to win the title, two drivers crash before the race in the direct wet!
– & # 39; Stroll made a good judgment call for inters& # 39;
– Formula One: Lance Stroll leaves Lewis Hamilton title plans in disarray in Turkey
– <a href =" /? S = & # 39; Snowboard Driving Snowboard Driving: & # 39;: Lewis Hamilton Blows Up & # 39; AWESOME & # 39; Istanbul track as Lance Stroll nears first place
– Turkish Grand Prix LIVE: updates such as Lewis Hamilton eyes seventh world title
– Formula 1 Turkish Grand Prix – How to watch , & start time; More
– <a href = "/? S = Formula 1 2020: Lewis Hamilton blows up & # 39; terrible& # 39; Istanbul Path, says it was like & # 39; Snowboard Driving & # 39 Formula 1 2020: Lewis Hamilton blasts & # 39; terrible& # 39; Istanbul Track, says it was like & # 39; Snowboard Driving & # 39;
– Turkish F1 Grand Prix LIVE: Two cars are already in the wall, rain and a first timer on the pole. This& # 39; It would be good
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: