A five-year-old boy is fighting for his life in the hospital after being hit by the wheel of a car allegedly causing burnout.
Queensland Police said a utility vehicle was at the intersection of King Street and Morayfield Road in Caboolture north of Brisbane around 4:30 p.m. yesterday when the driver started turning the tires as the lights turned green.
The rear wheel on the passenger side is believed to have come off the ute and hit the boy who was walking with his family on the footpath in front of the Caboolture Square shopping center.
He suffered life-threatening head injuries and was admitted to Queensland Children’s Hospital in severe condition.
The Ute’s alleged driver, 18-year-old Blake Jennings-Davey, was arrested at the scene and charged with operating a vehicle in a dangerous manner, causing serious injury and driving a safe but otherwise defective vehicle.
The matter was raised shortly before Pine Rivers Magistrates Court earlier today and was postponed until tomorrow, when a decision is expected to be made on Mr Jennings-Davey’s bail motion.
In court, the police said the child was resuscitated by paramedics on site and on the way to the hospital and had sustained serious internal injuries.
The police prosecutor told the court that if it wasn’t for the paramedics’ quick response, « the child would likely be dead ». .
« While the child was lying on the sidewalk, the defendant went to him and only picked up his bike. He showed no remorse and appeared completely unaffected by the incident, « the court was told.
But Mr Jennings-Davey’s defense attorney said it was worth noting that his client stayed at the scene.
« He [Mr. Jennings-Davey] just wanted to help the best he could, [but] he doesn’t know first aid, he doesn’t know CPR, there were other people caring for the child at the time. he thought that all he could do at the time was remove the debris from around the child. «
The Forensic Crash Unit is investigating and the police are appealing to witnesses or anyone who may have dashcam material.
This service may contain material from Agence France-Presse (AFP), APTN, Reuters, AAP, CNN and the BBC World Service that is copyrighted and cannot be reproduced.
AEST = Australian Eastern Standard Time, 10 hours before GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)
Caboolture, Wheel, Burnout
World news – AU – 5-year-old boy who fights for life after being hit by the wheel of a car in burnout
. . Related title :
– 5yo boy fights for life after being hit by the wheel of a car while burnout at Caboolture
– Boy, 5, in an induced coma after the wheel from the allegedly unregistered, unlicensed ute with burnout flown
– boy suffers life-threatening injuries from car & # 39; Burnout& # 39; walking with his family in Caboolture
– The 5-year-old boy is seriously injured after being hit in the head by a wheel that was flown by a Ford Falcon while the driver was in a . . .
– boy, 5, walking on a footpath that was hit by a tire in the freak & # 39; burnout& # 39; Incident
– Boy, 5, seriously injured after the bike flew away from burnout
– Boy critical after a vehicle accident in Caboolture
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: