Gareth Bale missed Tottenham’s Wolves draw after being withdrawn halfway through the Carabao Cup quarter-final win over Stoke. Spurs host Fulham on Wednesday; Jose Mourinho: No, I don’t expect Gareth to be fit. I wouldn’t say it’s a serious injury, but I would say «
for a couple of weeks
Tottenham head coach Jose Mourinho has announced that Gareth Bale will miss the next « weeks » with a calf injury.
Bale missed Spurs’ Premier League draw at Wolves on Sunday after being withdrawn at halftime in the Carabao Cup quarter-final win against Stoke last week – a game in which he scored a header to put his side ahead bring to.
Mourinho announced after the game at Stoke that the Welsh international was unable to return in the second half due to a calf problem and the Spurs boss now said the striker is likely to be absent for the next few weeks.
When asked if Bale would be fit against Fulham on Wednesday, Mourinho said: « No, I don’t expect Gareth to be fit. I wouldn’t say it’s a serious injury, but I would say a couple of weeks. «
Tottenham are winless in four Premier League games and host a Fulham team that have lost just one of their previous six games.
Scott Parker’s side have only conceded their last four league games twice, and Mourinho believes they have discovered a new style of play in recent weeks.
« Fulham are playing differently now, they have forgotten some of the principles they believed in, » he said.
« You have new game principles and are getting very positive results. It will be difficult. «
Unwrap the festive action with a NOW TV Sky Sports Pass for just £ 25 a month. Cancel anytime.
Gareth Bale has only made one Premier League start for Tottenham this season, recording just 161 minutes on the pitch.
If he had still been at Real Madrid, these numbers would have triggered well-known criticism of Bernabeu boss Zinedine Zidane – « Why doesn’t he play him ?! » – and speculation about how unhappy the Wales striker must be to be left out.
Three months after his return to Tottenham, that’s not entirely the case. But Spurs fans will soon feel justified in wondering when they will see more of their returning hero whom the club, let’s not forget, is paying a considerable amount of money.
His 45-minute appearance against Leicester was his last league game – but after missing the last two games due to illness, Bale looked out of place and tried to get into the game and turn things around for Spurs.
Recovery from a knee problem was the focus of the problem – and Spurs signed the attacker knowing he would have to be patient. But is his return to fitness and form taking longer than expected?
Don’t miss your chance to win the 250. Landing £ 000 in the Super 6 round on Tuesday. Play for free, entries by 3:00 p.m..
© 2020 Sky UK
Tottenham Hotspur F. . C.. . , Wolverhampton Wanderers F. . C.. . , Premier League, José Mourinho
World news – AU – Gareth Bale: Jose Mourinho says the Tottenham striker is excluded for the next « weeks ».
. . Related title :
– Tottenham’s head coach Jose Mourinho has announced that Gareth Bale will miss the next & » several weeks of & « with a calf injury.
– <a href = "/? s = Diego Costa: Arsenal, Tottenham, Wolves, Manchester City among the possible options for strikers?" Diego Diego: Arsenal, Tottenham, Wolves, Manchester City among the possible Options for strikers?
– Gareth Bale dropped out & # 39; a few weeks & # 39; with a calf injury that Tottenham leaves short, says Jose Mourinho
– The defect that Mourinho sees his Tottenham >
– Late Wolves Equalizer Extends Spurs Slump
– Jose Mourinho slams Tottenham Hotspur for & # 39; lack of ambition& # 39;
– Mourinho is angry about lackadaisical Spurs
– José Mourinho dissatisfied with Tottenham ambition& # 39; a>
– Mourinho complains & # 39; subdued effort & # 39; in Wolves Draw
– Adama Traore goes through the pain threshold after a foot injury and reveals Nuno when the ace of wolves goes a year without a prem . . .
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]