The jury in the rape trial against NRL player Jack de Belin informed the court that it was unable to reach a verdict. The judge has ordered that they be released
The jury in the rape trial against NRL star Jack de Belin has told the court it was unable to deliver a verdict and the judge has ordered that they be released.
After ten hours of deliberation, the jury informed the court that a unanimous or majority judgment could not be reached.
After a harrowing three-week trial in Wollongong District Court, Judge Andrew Haesler formally dismissed the jury, saying he « carefully and conscientiously handled the evidence ». .
Judge Haesler said the fact that they could not reach a unanimous verdict had taken place in roughly one in 100 juries.
He told Mr de Belin and his co-accused junior rugby player Callan Sinclair that their bail was going on and that he would direct another lawsuit to proceed as soon as possible.
This service may contain material from Agence France-Presse (AFP), APTN, Reuters, AAP, CNN and the BBC World Service that is copyrighted and cannot be reproduced.
AEST = Australian Eastern Standard Time, 10 hours before GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)
Jack de Belin, Jury, National Rugby League
World News – AU – The jury on the rape trial against Jack de Belin was dismissed after failing to deliver a verdict
. . Related title :
– NRL star rape Jack de Belin Jury cannot reach a unanimous decision
– Jury in the rape trial against Jack de Belin does not reach a unanimous verdict
– Jack de Belin rape trial jury released after failing to reach verdict
– The jury cannot pass judgment in the rape trial against Jack de Belin
– The jury got stuck and pushed to deliberate further on the Jack de Belin rape trial.
– Jury in court case against sexual assault by Jack de Belin does not reach a verdict
– The jury can after two days of deliberations in the rape trial against Jack de Belin and Callan Sinclair fail to pass judgment
– The jury cannot pass judgment on Jack de Belin’s rape trial. What’s happening now?
– >> De Belin Jury resumes deliberations
– Court case regarding Jack de Belin: Jury cannot pass judgment in the sexual assault hearing by Dragons star&
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]