UK Sky News reports Andrew Abdo, CEO of NRL, and Robert Elstone, CEO of Super League, have held early talks in the past few days but no agreement has been reached at Stadium.
Kayo is your entry ticket to the best live sports streaming from & on-demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14 day free trial of & and start streaming immediately>
An insider told Sky News that the NRL is aiming for a 50% stake worth around 75 million. GBP (135 million. USD). .
Like the NRL, the Super League has suffered a financial blow due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Super League already has a relationship with the NRL with a number of former NRL stars and coaches moving to the UK to play in top level competition and vice versa.
Two weeks ago, former NRL players such as Jackson Hastings and Bevan French competed against NRL and Super League veteran James Graham in the Super League grand final.
The teams that fought for the Premier League, Wigan and St. Helens, were trained by Australians, ex-Roosters player Adrian Lam and former Broncos and Knights assistant coach Kristian Woolf.
We have seen many NRL players sign up with the Super League in the later years of their careers, and the same goes for younger players who have not been able to cement their place in first class.
Because of this, Fox League commentator and SEN radio host Andrew Voss believes that closing the deal would be a tremendous opportunity for aspiring players.
Get the latest NRL news, highlights and analysis straight to your inbox with Fox Sports Sportmail. Register now>
« I don’t think it’s the be-all and end-all. Rugby union is far more global than rugby league, but at least it opens the world a little bit to the league, « he told SEN Breakfast.
« If you’re a rugby player who could start a loan program for a Super League club, go to England for a season to develop some kind of pathway program that can help develop young players. « .
« I just think it makes a stronger game on a global scale. I think that’s positive. « .
« But I also have some concerns about selling your soul to Australia. I think they have to keep their own identity. ”
NOTE ON RELEVANT ADVERTISING: We collect information about the content (including advertisements) you use on this website and use it to make both advertising and content more relevant to you on our network and on other websites. This is also known as online behavioral advertising. Learn more about our policies and your choices, including how to opt out.
Super League, National Rugby League, Hull F. . C.. . , Hull Kingston Rovers, Catalan Dragons, Wigan Warriors
World News – AU – NRL 2020: NRL interested in buying stake in Super League, Andrew Abdo, Robert Elstone
. . Related title :
– NRL is in discussion Talks about buying a large stake in the English Super League
– NRL in informal talks about buying a stake in the English Super League
– The NRL is in the early stages of talks to buy a large stake in English rugby & Super League, Sky News learns.
– NRL in talks about the use of Super Lge: report
– NRL eyeing majority stake in Super League
– NRL opens talks to get control of the Super League as the game is about to hit a major shake-up
– NRL considering offer to buy a huge stake in England&’s Super League
– Alphabet Dream Team: Best Super League XIII with names beginning with F
– League Express Mailbag: Monday, 9. December
– The NRL has reached out to its English counterpart, the Super League, to get a stake in a deal that . . .
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: