The legendary Grease actress, 72, is battling stage four breast cancer after beating the disease twice before
Get a daily dose of showbiz gossip straight to your inbox with our free email newsletter
Olivia Newton-John delivered an inspiring message to fans as she continues her courageous battle against Stage Four breast cancer.
The 72-year-old Grease actress said she wanted to speak up after a difficult year for many people to give hope.
In the video posted on Instagram, Olivia said, « I just want to wish you the happiest and healthiest time of the year. We’ll get through this. This too will pass. «
Sharing her wishes for the next year, she said, « I hope 2021 brings us new things and better news, and just keep your mood and think about positive thoughts, » she added.
She was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1992, and had received the all-clear after chemotherapy and mastectomy to allow the cancer to return two decades later.
In 2013, the actress found out after a car accident that she had suffered from cancer for the second time. Doctors almost missed the tumor after attributing the pain to bruising.
Olivia insisted on additional tests that later confirmed the bump was her breast cancer recurrence.
Then, in 2018, the star revealed that she had been diagnosed for the third time with cancer that had progressed to stage 4 and spread to her back, with a tumor found at the base of her spine.
In January of this year, Olivia said she used medicinal cannabis and natural remedies, as well as conventional drugs, during her last battle with the disease.
Amid her struggle, Olivia took the time to pay tribute to John Travolta’s late wife, Kelly Preston, following her death from breast cancer that year.
Kelly died in July, aged 57, at her family home in Florida in November after secretly battling breast cancer for two years.
Your friend and actress Olivia shared some kind words about Kelly which she described as a « wonderful, beautiful ghost ». .
Olivia said the tragedy inspired her to continue her work in finding a cure at the Olivia Newton-John Foundation, which researches holistic therapies for those affected.
« It was incredibly sad to be able to strengthen my resolve and foundation even more, » she said during an appearance on Loose Women.
« I lost a few friends in the past year who are more determined to see a world against cancer. «
Olivia Newton-John, Grease, John Travolta, Christmas Day
World News – AU – Olivia Newton-John shares her tearful message in the fight against cancer in stage four
. . Related title :
– Olivia Newton -John delivers tearful news while battling cancer in the fourth stage
– Olivia Newton-John shares a hopeful message while battling Stage Four cancer
– Olivia Newton-John Delivers Emotional Message In Fighting Fourth Stage Cancer
– Olivia Newton-John shares heartfelt Christmas message As she continues the cancer battle
– Olivia Newton-John& # 39; s inspiring message to fans as she battles cancer for the third time
– Olivia Newton-John delivers tearful message while battling Stage Four Breast Cancer
– Olivia Newton-John shares heartfelt message in the cancer battle
– & # 39; We& # 39; will come through this & # 39 ;: Olivia Newton-John, 72, shares a touching Christmas message with fans as she fights on . . .
– Olivia Newton-John has some really comforting words for us this Christmas
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: