The veteran striker is battling for the first-team minutes at Stamford Bridge but is desperate to secure his spot on the French squad for next summer’s European championship
Olivier Giroud has admitted that his lack of playing time at Chelsea is « worrying » and that he will have to make a decision about his future in January.
The French world champions have only played 41 minutes in the Premier League this season, including three minutes in Newcastle on Saturday.
The 34-year-old Giroud scored two more goals for France last week but was informed by coach Didier Deschamps that he will have to play regularly before Euro 2021.
The former Arsenal striker signed a contract extension until the end of his season in May – and scored seven goals after the restart.
But Timo Werner’s summer signing pushed him further into the pecking order. And Giroud told the French television program Telefoot: “I am aware of my situation. I know the score. We discussed it again.
« I have a decision to make in January, but I hope to make the right decision. Of course, I’ve always done that.
Does Olivier Giroud have to leave Chelsea to be selected for France’s Euro squad? Share your opinion here.
It’s been a hectic season so far – don’t miss a thing by signing up for the brilliant new Mirror Football newsletter!
The latest broadcast news and big stories land right in your inbox. You will not miss it.
To sign up, put your email address at the top of this article or follow the instructions at this link.
« I thought I could still help the team. It is true that my playing time is greatly reduced. That has to change or I have to make a decision.
« People talk about my age, but I still feel very good physically, even though I obviously don’t play a lot of games.
« I still have a lot of desire and excitement and I think what takes a career longer is the mentality, the motivation and the determination to keep going.
« As long as I have that, I’ll keep trying to bring that to the team. ”
Giroud, who became a father for the fourth time last week, described the international duty as « a breath of fresh air ». . His two goals against Sweden last week led him to 44 goals in France – only after Thierry Henry (51).
Giroud added: “I’ve been in contact with him since he was with me at Arsenal. He is very happy for me.
« I have great respect for the fantastic player he was. Even as a man. It would be a great honor to reach him, but we’re going one step at a time.
Subscribe to Mirror Football email here for the latest news and coverage of the gossip.
Olivier Giroud, Chelsea F. . C.. . , Frank Lampard, Arsenal F. . C.. . , Premier League, French national football team
World news – AU – Olivier Giroud presents the Chelsea ultimatum before the January transfer window
. . Related title :
– Olivier Giroud issues Chelsea ultimatum before January from transfer window
– & # 39; My situation at Chelsea is worrying & # 39; – Giroud says that he& # 39; has to make a decision about his future in January
– Chelsea Mann offers ultimatum to Lampard with ominous exit declaration
– Frustrated Giroud gives to that he& # 39; is finally ready to leave Chelsea in January when David Beckham& # 39; Inter Miami Eye Transfer
– Olivier Giroud suggests Chelsea exit before the next Year hin& # 39; s euro
– Olivier Giroud shares Laurent Koscielny’s advice as he contemplates leaving Chelsea
– Rumors of Chelsea transfer: Olivier Giroud is ready to leave while the French striker battles for minutes
– & # 39; You need to find a place to play & # 39; – Gael Clichy says & # 39; Essential& # 39; Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud has to leave the club
– David Beckham & # 39; is interested in a move for Olivier Giroud& # 39 in January; he’s considering partnering with the unfortunate . . .
– David Beckham&s Inter Miami goal Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud – Paper round
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]