Mat Ryan’s time at English Premier League club Brighton is almost certainly over as the Socceroos goalkeeper was again overlooked in the clash with Sheffield United.
The game on Sunday was the second in a row. Ryan was kicked off the day’s squad by Seagulls’ manager Graham Potter. The Spaniard Robert Sanchez started and Jason Steele sat on the bench.
Danny Welbeck’s goal in 87. Minute brought a 1-1 draw for the 16th. 3rd place in Brighton after the winless Blades took the lead over Jayden Bogle’s opener.
Potter ditched Ryan for the midweek game against Fulham and stated after that game that he would not stand in the 28-year-old’s way if he requested a move in the upcoming January transfer window.
Since Ryan joined Brighton from Valencia in 2017 for a record fee, he has appeared in 121 of 127 top games for the Seagulls.
He was dumped for 23-year-old Sanchez at Tottenham earlier last month but returned to the starting role ahead of his ax ahead of the Fulham game.
After Socceroo colleague Aaron Mooy left Brighton to join Chinese giant Shanghai SIPG in August, Ryan is the only Australian player in the Premier League.
Whether he is seeking a transfer remains unclear, but his agent, former Denmark international Mikkel Beck, retweeted a link to a podcast by Optus Sport in which Harry Kewell suggested that the move would be a good thing for the goalkeeper could be.
« We all know what a wonderful goalkeeper he is, I’m a huge fan, » Kewell told the GegenPod Football podcast.
« He is capable of joining a top six team. He has the attitude. He has the mentality. His ability between the sticks with his hands is excellent.
« The possibility of him moving to another club is excellent, but you must realize that you will not make it your own way. Sometimes you have to fight. «
Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club, Graham Potter, Manchester United F. . C.. . , Daniel James, Mathew Ryan, Premier League, Swansea City A. . F.. . C.. .
World news – AU – Socceroo Ryan is once again overlooked by Brighton
. . Related title :
– Socceroo Ryan again overlooked by Brighton
– Seagull flying free: Mat Ryan&s future in the air
– Paper Talk: Brighton boss Potter firmly believes in a deal for Man Utd star
– Brighton boss Graham Potter & # 39; targeted change in January for Dan James& # 39; with Welsh winger in the pecking order at Old . . .
– <a href="/?s=Man Utd starlet Dan James selected by Brighton as a target for transferring credits after the pecking order was dropped Order
– Dropped Ryan has & # 39; Freedom& # 39; to go, says Brighton boss Potter
– Brighton ready to let Socceroo Ryan go
– Matt Ryan can go if he wants – Brighton boss Graham Potter
– Wanted for former man from Swansea City by Brighton and Hove Albion
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: