A strict lockdown on « circuit breakers » in South Australia ended on Saturday night as Melburnians anticipated their final step out of COVID-19 restrictions.
South Australia’s strict lockdown is over as Victoria stands ready to take the final step out of coronavirus restrictions in « COVID normal ». .
Prime Minister Steven Marshall said on Saturday that only one new case had been recorded in the past 24 hours, but SA was « not out of the woods yet ». .
« The expert health advice we have been given is that we are still managing a very dangerous cluster, » he said.
« There are still many people that we need to identify and quarantine in order to get test results. «
« They pose no risk to the community at all, » Professor Nicola Spurrier, chief public health officer, told reporters.
The strict lockdown – no movement outside the home – ends at midnight on Saturday, with a number of crowd restrictions on venues such as pubs and restaurants.
« Although we are reducing these restrictions, we are still very concerned. There are still a lot of people we need to identify, « Marshall said.
The investigation into a pizza shop worker who lied to tell Tracer his whereabouts has triggered the ban.
He is believed to be a 36 year old Spaniard living in Australia on a temporary graduation visa.
The police want to speak to two other people of interest as part of the investigation, which is being conducted by 20 detectives.
60 fines and 103 warnings were issued by the police against South Australians who violated the COVID-19 rules on Thursday and Friday.
The Adelaide cluster has confused rural Victorian communities that rely on SA border towns for shopping and business as they face a permit system to return across the border.
Victoria is about to be eradicated by the virus. After 22 days of no transfer, only one active case is active.
Prime Minister Daniel Andrews is expected to announce the final steps out of the restrictions on Sunday in Melbourne. The relaxation of the rules allows for greater numbers in restaurants, weddings and other gatherings.
Travel for Victorians is expanding to include NSW and the ACT as the restrictions on Victorian visitors lift on Monday.
NSW has hit a two week milestone with no locally broadcast case, although Queensland wants to see 28 days with no broadcast before loosening its southern border.
Ten cases of the virus have been diagnosed in NSW’s hotel quarantine in the past 24 hours. The state currently manages 70 cases among travelers.
Meanwhile, new elderly care home visiting policies have been developed months after hundreds of residents died of coronavirus.
The way the federal government was dealing with the elderly care sector had been called into question during the pandemic. That year, 685 residents died from the virus. Most of the cases were in Victoria.
Elderly Care Minister Richard Colbeck said the three-tier model would tell providers how to respond to the COVID-19 threat level in their community.
It is recommended that visiting restrictions for those who have recently been overseas, come into contact with a confirmed case, are ill, need to be isolated, or have not received a flu shot, be maintained at all times.
Level three is the highest level and comes into effect when the community has a coronavirus epidemic.
People in Australia must stay at least 1. 5 meters away from others. Check your jurisdiction’s restrictions on collecting limits.
If you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms, stay home and schedule a test by calling your doctor or contacting the Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080. News and information are available in 63 languages at https: // sbs. com. au / coronavirus
Larger gatherings allowed and masking rules relaxed when Daniel Andrews announces the lifting of further restrictions
Download our free app from the App Store or Google Play for the latest headlines and breaking news notifications.
We love your feedback: Help us improve by rating the app and sharing your suggestions at apps @ sbs. com. au
Subscribe now to the latest news from Australia and around the world right to your inbox.
Watch SBS World News live on TV and in our app every day at 6:30 p.m.. Find out more about SBS On Demand.
Coronavirus, New South Wales, South Australia, Fortnight, Victoria
World News – AU – South Australia’s strict lockdown ends as Prime Minister warns: « We’re not out of the woods yet. »
. . Related Title :
– South Australia& # 39; The border between NSW and Victoria will reopen at midnight after the second wave struck
– 22. November 2020 how it happened: Victorian restrictions to be relaxed; South Australia returns in lockdown; NSW is waiting . . .
– Freedoms return, borders open when the southern states of the Getting closer to eradication of the virus
– NSW reaches fourteen days COVID-free
– Latest Coronavirus Impact Snapshot
– NSW Coronavirus Update: New South Wales Reaches 14 Days COVID Free
– NSW latest coronavirus data for 21. November
– Latest coronavirus data from NSW as of Nov.. November
– NSW does not record any new local virus cases for 14 days
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]