Wales relieved head coach Wayne Pivac with an 18-0 win in the Autumn Nations Cup against Georgia in Llanelli.
Nineteen-year-old wing Louis Rees-Zammit showed the finishing ability that earned him 10 attempts for Gloucester in the English Premier League last season, with substitute Rhys Webb crossing both halves.
Callum Sheedy kicked two penalties and a conversion as Wales took a much-needed victory in difficult wet conditions. Pivac’s trial had intensified. Six straight defeats were Wales’ worst run since 2012.
After the former Scarlets coach was the 2019 Grand Slam champion of the six nations under Warren Gatland and the semi-finalist of the World Cup, he had only monitored the victories against Italy and the barbarians in the miserable twelve months.
« I was very happy with the way the guys played in these conditions, » said Pivac. « It was pretty difficult out there. I thought we played very well in the set piece. It was a step in the right direction and the debutants were all happy. We would have liked to have scored more points, but the opponents and these conditions made it difficult. It wasn’t a perfect accomplishment, but one we’ll review. «
Georgia showed an improvement over the 40-0 draw with England last time, but was surprisingly overwhelmed in the crowd and only scored seven points in the last three Tests.
Pivac made a number of changes, leaving only flanker Justin Tipuric, who took over the captain, and full-back Liam Williams by the side, who beat Ireland in the Autumn Nations Cup opener in Dublin. Flanker James Botham, the grandson of English cricket star Ian, Scrier-Half Kieran Hardy and center Johnny Williams made their debut.
An INM website
© Independent. ie
Wales National Rugby Team, Wayne Pivac, Georgia National Rugby Union Team, Ian Botham
World news – AU – Wales beat Georgia to ease pressure on head coach Wayne Pivac
. . Related title :
– Wales are finally winning to relieve the pivot pressure
– > Wales 18-0 Georgia: Autumn Nations Cup – how it happened
– Wayne Pivac slams & # 39; cheap shot & # 39; on Justin Tipuric of Georgia& # 39; Beka Saghinadze with Wales Flanker sitting on the stretcher . . .
– >> Ugly Win takes Wayne Pivac off the heat – for at least a week
– Wayne Pivac shoots & # 39; cheaper shot& # 39; when Wales loses the captain in drought rugby win
– Wayne Pivac believes Wales are going in the right direction after winning Georgia
– Satisfied Pivac prepares for " formidable" England test
– Wales catches one Six game loss with one win over Georgia
– Wales & # 39; continued on the path we& # 39; ve set for uns& # 39;
– Wales ends six-game losing streak
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: