Update 4 p.m .: The Bureau of Meteorology has issued another warning of severe thunderstorms for parts of the northern rivers.
The areas that may be affected are between Tenterfield and Lismore, and in coastal areas of Yamba to the south.
These severe thunderstorms can cause noxious winds, large hailstones, and heavy rains that can lead to flash floods in the warning area for the next several hours.
Locations that may also be affected are Grafton, Coffs Harbor, Gosford, Sydney, Wollongong, Nowra, and Goulburn.
The state rescue service advises people:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or stow loose items in your home, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 meters away from fallen power lines or objects that could be live, such as B. Fences.
* Report failed power lines to either Ausgrid (131 388), Endeavor Energy (131 003), Essential Energy (132 080), or Evoenergy (131 093) as stated on your utility bill.
* Trees damaged by fire are likely to be more unstable and more likely to fall.
* Stay away from streams and storm surges.
* Don’t walk, ride a bike, or go through floods.
* If you are trapped in flash floods, seek refuge in the highest location available and call 000 if you need rescue.
* Note that the runoff of rainfall in fire-affected areas may behave differently and be faster. It can also contain debris such as ash, earth, trees, and rocks.
* After bush fires, heavy rain and loss of foliage can make the ground soft and heavy, leading to a greater chance of landslides.
* Disconnect computers and devices from the mains.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay away from windows and keep children and pets indoors too.
* Stay vigilant and monitor conditions. Note that the landscape may have changed after bush fires.
* For assistance with floods and storms, call the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
Original Story: According to the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM), SEVERE thunderstorms are likely in Lismore and inland from the Queensland border and to the south, including Casino, Kyogle, Tenterfield and Grafton.
The warning was issued earlier today, with potentially noxious winds, large hailstones and heavy rains that can lead to flash floods.
« Keep an eye on the BOM warnings of heavy rain, noxious winds, and large hail.
The chief meteorologist said these thunderstorms were the result of a humid tropical environment with a trough over northeast NSW.
« A similar environment will be active again tomorrow Wednesday, with similar concerns about thunderstorms. The total amount of precipitation could be higher, with 10-15mm expected, which is higher in thunderstorms, » said the expert.
Dr. Reid said daytime temperatures will be slightly above average today and tomorrow, with cooler conditions expected starting Thursday.
The operators of the independent K-13 school will « preserve » the integrity of the building.
A local identity has revealed its plans to conduct federal politics.
Well-known technophobes have enjoyed success on the Internet with viewers in India and Russia.
Despite wearing a COVID-proof mask, Fisher and her husband Sacha Baron Cohen stood out in a crowd.
A severe thunderstorm warning has been updated for parts of the southeast as multiple systems cause noxious winds and heavy rainfall.
Police are looking in Wellington this afternoon for a driver involved in an accident that killed two children and injured two other children and an adult.
A group of 11 companies had brought the festival organizers to a tribunal over a dispute over the refund.
Maintaining a high level of testing is « important » according to the Health District
Technical problems online are investigated
Emergency services worked together to rescue a woman trapped in a car.
© Northern Star Ltd 2021. Unauthorized reproduction is prohibited under Australian law and international treaties.
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]