Abdullah Ahmad Abdullah, who was given the nom de guerre Abu Muhammad al-Masri, was seen as a potential successor to al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri
Washington – Al Qaeda’s second in command, accused of helping plot the 1998 bombings of two U-class planes. s. The New York Times reported on Friday, citing intelligence officials, that embassies in Africa were killed in Iran in August by Israeli agents acting on the orders of the United States.. .
Abdullah Ahmad Abdullah, alias Abu Muhammad al-Masri, was shot dead by two men on a motorcycle on the streets of Tehran in August. . 7, the newspaper reported.
The newspaper said that the killing of Al-Masry, who was seen as a possible successor to the current al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri, had been kept secret until now.. .
The Times said it was not clear what role, if any, the United States played in the killing of the Egyptian-born gunman.. . Yo. s. She added that the authorities have been tracking Al-Masry and other al-Qaeda activists in Iran for years.
The newspaper said that Al-Qaeda did not announce his killing, Iranian officials covered it up, and no government publicly claimed responsibility.
A yo. s. An official, who spoke to Reuters on the condition of anonymity, refused to confirm any details about the Times story or to reveal if there were any.. s. Involvement. The White House National Security Council did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Al-Masry, one of the founding leaders of Al-Qaeda, was killed with his daughter, the widow of the son of the former Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, Hamza bin Laden, the newspaper reported.. .
Osama bin Laden orchestrated the September. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States and the murders of U. s. A raid in Pakistan in 2011.
Al-Masry has been detained in Iran since 2003, but has been living freely in an upscale suburb of Tehran since 2015, according to the British newspaper The Times.. s. Intelligence officials said.
Yo. s. Counterterrorism officials believe that Iran is also a country. s. The enemy, maybe they were allowed to live there to conduct operations against U. s. The newspaper said the targets.
It was not immediately known what impact the killing of al-Masry, if any, had on al-Qaeda activities. Although it has lost top leaders in nearly two decades since the attacks on New York and Washington, it has maintained active branches from the Middle East to Afghanistan to West Africa.. .
Subscribe to receive the most important daily news from The National Post, a section of Postmedia Network Inc.
Your welcome email is on its way. If you don’t see it, please check your junk mail folder.
Postmedia is committed to maintaining an active and civic forum for discussion and encouraging all readers to share their views on our articles.. It may take up to an hour for comments to be moderated before they appear on the site. We ask that you keep your comments relevant and respectful. We have enabled email notifications – you will now receive an email if you receive a response to your comment, if there is an update for a comment thread you follow or if a user is following comments. Visit our Community Guidelines for more information and details on how to adjust your email settings.
© 2020 National Post, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. All rights reserved. Unauthorized distribution, transfer or repatriation is strictly prohibited.
Al-Qaeda, Iran, Abdullah Ahmad Abdullah, Israel, attack, 1998 US embassy bombings, Osama bin Laden
World News – CA – Israeli agents killed Al Qaeda number. 2 leader in Iran in August, n. s. Times reports
. . Related title :
– Israeli activists killed al-Qaeda & # 39; s No. 2 Leader in Iran in August, The New York Times reports
– Al Qaeda & # 39; s no. Two people accused in secret US embassy attacks in Iran were killed
– <a href = "/? S = Al-Qaeda & # 39; s No. 2, Accused in attacks on US embassy, killed in Iran "& # 39; s No.. 2, accused of the US embassy attacks, was killed in Iran
– Israeli agents in Iran kill the Lieutenant Al-Qaeda’s first – report
– Israeli Agents Killed Al Qaeda No. 39. 2 Street Official in Iran: Report
– Base & # 39; Two people were killed in secret in Iran: NYT
– <a href = "/? s = Al Qaeda & # 39; s No. The killing of 2 Abu Muhammad al-Masri by Israeli agents on an Iranian street, on the order of the United States, on Monday . . . The & rule's no. 2 Abu Muhammad al-Masri were shot dead by Israeli agents in the Iranian street, by order of the United States, one day . . .
– Israeli operatives killed Al-Qaeda & # 39; s No. 2, in Iran, at the request of the United States: The New York Times
– Israeli agents killed al-Qaeda. Second Leader in Iran in August according to the New York Times
– Second Rule & # 39; Assassinated by Israel CSEANDCHAR # 39; Elite Mossad agents at the request of the United States for the 1998 embassy attacks – & # 39;
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]