Israeli agents assassinated Al-Qaeda. 2- An official in a shooting incident in Tehran three months ago kills the mastermind of the deadly 1998 attacks on American embassies in Africa. .
Intelligence officials confirmed to the New York Times that two Israeli agents were acting on the order of Yu. s. When they shot Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah from a motorcycle in August. 7, the anniversary of the embassy bombings. His daughter Maryam, widow of Hamza bin Laden, Osama bin Laden’s son, was also killed.
It wasn’t clear exactly how U got involved. s. He was in a covert operation. The White House and the National Security Council did not respond to requests for comments from The Hill.
Abdullah was one of the founding members of the terrorist group and is believed to be the second in command after the current al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri.. Yo. s. He got a $ 10 million bounty on the head for the 1998 bombings.
The location of his killing is surprising, given that Iran, the Shiite state, and Al Qaeda, a Sunni militant group, are sworn enemies. Al Qaeda and Iran’s proxy groups have fought on battlefields across the Middle East. Nevertheless, Tehran has a proven track record of supporting Sunni groups, including Hamas and the Taliban.
Intelligence officials told The Times that Abdullah had been « held » by an Iranian since 2003, but had effectively lived as a free man in Tehran since 2015.
Iran initially tried to cover up the murder, saying the dead man was Habib Daoud, a professor of Lebanese history and a member of Hezbollah, a Lebanese Shiite group funded by Tehran. .
The killing follows a pattern of Israel, which uses gunfire and targeted bombings to eliminate terrorists and nuclear scientists at Iran’s borders.
Al-Qaeda, Iran, Israel, Abdullah Ahmad Abdullah, Osama bin Laden, 1998 US embassy bombing, attack
World News – CA – Israeli agents killed the Al-Qaeda operative. 2- A street official in Iran: Report
. . Related title :
– Israeli activists killed al-Qaeda & # 39; s No. 2 Leader in Iran in August, The New York Times reports
– Israeli Agents Killed Al Qaeda No. 39. 2 Street official in Iran: Report
– Al Qaeda & # 39; s no. Two people accused in secret US embassy attacks in Iran were killed
– <a href = "/? S = Al-Qaeda & # 39; s No. 2, Accused in attacks on US embassy, killed in Iran "& # 39; s No.. 2, Accused in the attacks on the US Embassy, was killed in Iran Al-Qaeda character in Tehran three months ago – report
– Israeli agents in Iran kill Al -Qaida& # 39; s First Lieutenant – Report
– <a href = "/? s = Al-Qaida& # 39; s No. 2, Accused in the 1998 attacks on the US embassy, secretly killed in Iran "Al Qaeda & # 39; s No. 2, Accused in the 1998 Attacks on the US Embassy, Secretly Killed in Iran
– Al Qaeda # 39 ; Secretly killed in Iran: The New York Times
– <a href="/?s= Israeli operatives killed in Iran An al-Qaeda leader is said to be linked to the 1998 attacks "Israeli operatives reportedly killed in Iran. Al-Qaeda linked to the 1998 attacks
– Israeli spies allegedly killed the second man in al-Qaeda in Iran 3 months ago . . . & All concerned countries have maintained . . . > It is alleged that Israeli spies killed the second man in al-Qaeda in Iran 3 months ago . . . & All concerned states have reserved . . .
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: