Travelers entering Queensland from New Zealand from 6 p.m. tonight will have to complete 14 days of quarantine following a new COVID-19 outbreak in Auckland.
Following increased community transmission of the COVID-19 virus via the Tasman, Jeannette Young, Queensland’s Chief Health Officer, has removed New Zealand as a « safe country to travel to ».
The decision of Dr. Young was hit after advice was given to Australia’s Main Health Committee, made up of the country’s top health officials, that « the risk has increased in New Zealand ».
So-called « green flights », which come to Queensland from New Zealand and enable travelers to avoid quarantine, will be changed to « red » from 6 p.m.
« This is what needs to be done to protect the health of all Queenslanders, » said Dr. Young.
« Unfortunately, New Zealand has registered some new positive cases in the last few days, which is why we are closing the border at 6pm.
« Anyone allowed to travel from New Zealand to Queensland must be quarantined upon arrival.
« Acting with caution has kept Queenslanders safe and that is the path we will continue to follow. »
Dr. Young has also asked all travelers who have been in New Zealand since Feb.21 to report for testing and isolate until they receive their results.
They also ask anyone who has entered Queensland from New Zealand since Feb. 6 to get tested if they haven’t already.
« New Zealand is working very hard to contain this community broadcast, but they are still at a critical stage in their response so we need to look carefully, » she said.
« With this virus, things can change very quickly. We have seen this in other parts of the world. So I am asking Queenslanders to reconsider their need to travel to New Zealand. »
Queensland has not registered any new cases of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, in the past 24 hours.
He knows how to handle a crowd and the audience laughs violently. Who is Bundaberg comedian Kylan Ambrum? We spoke to him to find out.
Star Quality: See how local food businesses in the area fared in the latest Eat Safe review.
Friends of a man and woman who were killed in a terrible crash in the Bundaberg area last week have shared their heartbreak.
We know you want the best local news and we deliver, but did you know you can get more – for free?
The video shows a young man driving the vehicle on its rims at high speed and sliding sideways, causing sparks to fly.
If the past year has taught us anything, we must all support one another. Your support for local journalism is more important than ever.
Two other people help the police with their ongoing investigation.
The NRL Indigenous All Stars Team went on Saturday night with the …
Mr. Bennett said Burnett producers needed certainty
Magistrate: « These are not just some seeds that are thrown in the backyard and that you …
© Bundaberg Newspaper Company Pty Limited 2021. Unauthorized reproduction is prohibited under Australian law and international treaty.
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: