Transport NSW urges people in Sydney and the surrounding area to work from home this week if possible to avoid the bad weather.
Several areas in NSW suffer from heavy rains and floods in a so-called One-on-one year event.
Transport NSW posted a message on Sunday evening saying, “Given the current weather conditions affecting roads and public transportation in the greater Sydney area, we urge our customers to stop unnecessary Avoid travel, especially in flood-affected areas.
« A number of buses operated by Busways in the West and Northwest Sydney regions, particularly in the Hawkesbury, Penrith and Blacktown regions, will arrive tomorrow (Monday) Do not operate due to the effects of the flooding.
« Customers should work from home whenever possible, and drivers who have to drive should be extremely careful and nobody ls driving through flooded water. «
I just got this rather ominous warning from @TransportforNSW – » Work from home « but this time because of the weather, not the virus. # SydneyFloodspic.twitter.com / UzdYdgjf8x
Advice from Transport NSW comes after residents of western Penrith were told to evacuate on Sunday afternoon.
Evacuation took place for all properties within the Nepean River limited area south of the Great Western Highway and west of Peach Tree Creek, including: Captains Road; Fitch Avenue; Ladbury Avenue; Memorial Avenue; Nepean Avenue; and Recreation Avenue.
Residents have been told that if the flood reaches 7.96 m, the Great Western Highway’s evacuation route could be cut and trapped.
It will continue to rain in Sydney tomorrow (Monday) , and the west of Sydney is about to celebrate 50 years of weather.
RELEVANT ADVERTISING NOTE: We collect information about the content (including advertisements) you use on this website and use it for both advertising and content to make it more relevant for you in our network and on other websites. Learn more about our policies and your choices, including how to opt out.
Related titles :
– Thousands could be considered Western Sydney evacuated residents are forced to flee
– Weather updates for Australia: Sydneysiders are supposed to work from home Working from home
– Penrith residents urged to escape to safety or they will be caught with no electricity, water
– residents of Western Sydney as heavy rain ordered, evacuate NSW as heavy rain batter
– Sydney residents warn against evicting their homes as flood families receive emergency cash payments – here& # 39; s …
– Penrith Flood: Mulgoa, Jamisontown, Penrith, Londonderry ordered to evacuate
– & # 39; Evacuate at 9 pm& # 39; for suburbs to the west of Sydney& # 39;
– » Be Ready « : Federal MP& Warning for Residents in Flood Areas
– Anxious night ahead if the flood emergency continues in Penrith / a>
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: