FRANK LAMPARD supported former teammate John Terry as a « hungry, ambitious manager » at Derby.
Lampard made the Rams for a season before returning to Chelsea as boss last year, admitting he saw his old Stamford Bridge captain, currently Aston Villa’s assistant coach, follow in his footsteps.
Derby, bottom of the league table and five points behind safety, knocked out Phillip Cocu last month and appointed former England striker Wayne Rooney as caretaker.
Sheikh Khaled, a senior member of the Abu Dhabi royal family, is believed to be in the final stages of taking over the club, and Terry is known to be a manager himself, which Lampard advocates.
When asked if Terry would be a good match for the Rams, Lampard replied, “Yes, I think John is destined to be a manager.
« He has obviously worked very well with Dean Smith at the Aston Villa over the past few years. He’ll have learned a lot there, so what John knows, his game experience as a player will be huge. I know because I play next to him and I know what he has to offer.
Derby’s fortune has plummeted alarmingly since Lampard led them to the 2019 championship play-off final at Wembley, where they lost to Villa. « I have a lot of affection for Derby given my short time there, my one year stay at the club, » added the blues boss.
« I know what a great club it is, what great fans they have and what a great feeling it gives in town for the club.
« And John is going to be a hungry, ambitious manager, whether it’s Derby or whatever opportunities arise. « . I don’t remember anymore, but John is going to be a fantastic coach. ‘
Chelsea are in Spain tonight to face Sevilla in the Champions League. Both clubs have already reached the last 16, but Lampard sees no problem in motivating his players, even if he is unsure whether reaching the top of Group E will be of great importance in the long run.
« It’s certainly not dead gum. We want to win the group for various reasons, ”he emphasized. « In general, winning the group over is the beneficial way, although that is not always clear. « . ‘
■ CHELSEA midfielder Jorginho has defended the much-criticized Video Assistant referee review system. Some controversial decisions during last week’s Premier League games sparked renewed calls for a change in the use of VAR or a complete suspension of the system. But Jorginho (pictured) believes the technology is positive for football. The Brazilian will start his team’s penultimate Champions League Group E game tonight in Seville and said: “To be honest, I think VAR will help. « I don’t think it takes anything away. « . It’s a good thing for the game. ‘
‘It’s not nice to tell someone that they are not in the squad, but I have to see the bigger picture and I know that Callum has hundreds of games and progresses ahead of them’ – Chelsea boss Frank Lampard explains the difficult one Callum Hudson-Odoi’s decision to skip Tottenham on Sunday. The English winger scored against Rennes last week and is expected to play
■ 3 goals in 11 appearances in all competitions for Callum Hudson-Odoi (pictured in yesterday’s training session) this season
Derby County Football Club, Wayne Rooney, EFL Championship, John Terry, Coventry City F. . C.. . , Aston Villa F. . C.. . , Chelsea F. . C.. .
World news – GB – Frank Lampard supports old pal John Terry to fulfill destiny as Derby manager
. . Related title :
– >> Derby 1-1 Coventry: Gustavo Hamer contests Wayne Rooney’s team& too late
– Frank Lampard supports old pal John Terry to fulfill destiny as derby manager
– Wayne Rooney calls for clarity about the manager role
– Championship summary: Rooney played the first derby win by the late Coventry leveler
– Colin Kazim-Richards at target, derby denied by late Coventry equalizer
– Sky Bet Champi Ship’s summary: Wayne Rooney’s first Derby victory from Coventry’s late equalizer
– Derby 1-1 Coventry: Gustavo Hamer&’s last minute equalizer denies Wayne Rooney his first win as boss and holds . . .
– & # 39; Intelligent& # 39; – Player ratings for Coventry City after a 1-1 draw in Derby County
– & # 39; Shocking& # 39; – Derby County fans go wild when Rams draws late in Coventry
– Man City and Liverpool top Champions League groups, Aston Villa versus Newcastle postponed, & # 39; When Derby wants relegation . . .
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]