Jonny Bairstow brought England home with an unbeaten 86 of 48 balls against South Africa and won the first Twenty20 on Friday (Saturday) with five wickets NZ time).
Bairstow won it with two straight borders, a four and a big six, over a long long-on to bring England to 183-5 and four balls to get past South Africa’s 179-6.
England was behind the game for most of their chase, despite Bairstow’s border by Aug.. passed when Bairstow and Captain Eoin Morgan sacked 28 left-wing seaman Beuran Hendricks.
Hendricks threw three wides around to contribute to South Africa’s decline, including one so low on the side of the leg that it flew away for four.
READ MORE: * Black Caps vs West Indies: Lockie Ferguson honors grandmother with five-wicket bag * Steve Smith, Aaron Finch deliver tons of Australia ODI win over India * Timaru Club Cricket to the bright lights of the MCG for Kiwi – Referee Kim Cotton * Black Caps against West Indies: Lockie Ferguson, Jimmy Neesham the stars in an exciting win * Black Caps, West Indies kneel in support of Black Lives Matter before the first Twenty20
The over completely changed the complexion in a fan-free Newlands. England needed 51 runs of 24 balls before the over and only 23 of 18 after.
Morgan fell for 12 on a goal at Midwicket ahead of Lungi Ngidi in the next game, but England kept the head and Bairstow kept pushing boundaries after the opening.
Bairstow scored nine fours and four sixes and was England’s match winner after being moved to fourth by the opener to give Jos Buttler a chance at the top of the rankings.
Sam Curran took 3-28 for England and helped out with the bat with a six of his own at the end and was 7 not off.
South Africa achieved a competitive value with 30 from captain Quinton de Kock, 58 from former captain Faf du Plessis and 37 from Rassie van der Dussen.
Left-wing weirdo George Linde kept South Africa in the lead on its T20 debut with two early wickets, including Jason Roy, who was 0 points behind on the second ball of the English chase.
Bairstow and Ben Stokes revived their love for Newlands, where they teamed up in a 2016 test to create a world record partnership with 399 wickets.
This stand was only worth 85, but it lifted England from 34-3 to 119-4. Still, South Africa believed they recognized the threat when Stokes fell for 37 after scoring a low, shallow, and hard-to-sustained hit that left Linde clinging to a stabbing catch.
Bairstow survived a chance when du Plessis jumped and dropped a one-handed chance on the limit. Other than that, Bairstow was extremely fluid, crunching boundaries across the side of the leg or detaching them from the racket’s face on the outside.
The game was the first international cricket game in South Africa since the Covid-19 outbreak. The teams will play three T20s and three one-day internationals on England’s short-term tour, which is organized to give both teams the opportunity to play cricket on a virus-ridden international schedule.
Jonny Bairstow, England cricket team, South Africa national cricket team, Twenty20, Test cricket, One Day International
World News – GB – Jonny Bairstow brings England to T20 victory as international cricket returns to South Africa
. . Related title :
– Is Jonny Bairstow the best batsman with white balls after Virat Kohli after the master class in Cape Town? Here are the stats
– Eoin Morgan calls for major improvements
– South Africa against England: & # 39; Satisfied with my way of playing at IPL, & # 39; Says Jonny Bairstow after the match-winning knock
– Jonny Bairstow is happy to have the Good use of experience After relegation to England
– <a href="/?s=Jonny Bairstow brings England to T20 victory when international cricket returns to South Africa South Africa
– Sports News from Today& # 39 ;: What You Need to Know
– South Africa v England Live Cricket Score – 1st Prize. T20I Match – Summary
– Jonny Bairstow Blitz leads England to victory. . . SOUTH AFRICA V ENGLAND TALKING POINTS
– Mike Tyson and Daniel Dubois vs Joe Joyce LIVE on talkSPORT, Bairstow starring as England defeat South Africa . . .
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]