5. A magnitude 3 earthquake struck at 1:13 am. M. Deeply 3. 7 miles, about 20 miles southeast of Mina, Nev.
A5. A 3.0-magnitude earthquake struck a remote area in western-central Nevada early Friday, but was felt widely by people from Las Vegas to Sacramento, according to Yu.. s. Geological Survey.
The earthquake struck at 1:13 in the morning. M. Deeply 3. 7 miles, about 20 miles southeast of Mina, Nev. , A town of about 155 people in Yu. s. Road 95. The epicenter was about 126 miles southeast of South Lake Tahoe and 160 miles southeast of Reno.
Multiple aftershocks have struck since the major earthquake, including 4. 3 size shaker in 1. 29 A.. M.
Nevada experienced its largest earthquake in 66 years earlier this year when it hit 6. A magnitude 5 earthquake, roughly halfway between Reno and Las Vegas, struck in the Walker Lane seismic zone, a rift zone roughly aligned with the Nevada and California boundaries from Death Valley to Pyramid Lake. .
Over time, Nevada has experienced an abundance of earthquakes and is the third most seismically active country. It was the largest earthquake in the country’s history with a magnitude of 7. 3 in 1915 and was the second largest number 7. 1 in 1932. In 1954 alone, the state experienced five earthquakes of magnitude 6. 5 or greater.
“And then it got cold for 66 years,” Dr.. Graham Kent, director of the Nevada Seismological Laboratory, told SFGATE about an earlier story. “We used to tell people that everything would be over and now it is over. We knew that sooner or later it would break and break in an uninhabited area.
Amy Graff is SFGATE’s News Editor. She was born in the Gulf region and started her career in news for the Daily Californian at the University of California, Berkeley, where she majored in English literature.. She has been with SFGATE for 12 years. You may email it at [email protected] Com.
Earthquake, Nevada, seismographs, California
World News – US – 5. Nevada felt a magnitude 3 earthquake on a large scale
. . Related title :
– 5. A 3-magnitude Nevada earthquake was felt widely in California
– <a href = "/? S = 5. A magnitude 5 earthquake hits Nevada early Friday morning. A magnitude 5 earthquake hits Nevada early Friday morning.
– <a href = "/? S = magnitude 5". A magnitude 5 earthquake strikes a remote area of Nevada. 5 An earthquake hits a remote part of Nevada
– 5. A 3.0-magnitude earthquake strikes Nevada.
– 5. A magnitude 3 earthquake strikes a remote corner of the state of Nevada, and was felt in the Sierra Mountains of California. & # 39; s Sierra
– <a href = "/? s = Magnitude 5. 5 An earthquake hits western Nevada, with a magnitude of 5. 5 Earthquake hits western Nevada. A magnitude 5 earthquake just 30 seconds before California's 5 magnitude tremor. 2 . . . The Mina, Nevada earthquake: a country that was hit by a strong 6. A magnitude 5 earthquake just 30 seconds before California's 5 magnitude tremor. 2 . . .
– <a href = "/? s = strong 5. 5- A magnitude earthquake strikes Nevada near the California border. "A strong 5. 5- A magnitude earthquake strikes the state of Nevada near the California border
– <a href = "/? S = degree 5. 5 An earthquake shakes the Nevada, California state line. 5 Earthquake shakes Nevada, California state line
– 5. A magnitude 2 earthquake strikes Nevada, United States
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]