If you can pretend COVID-19 isn’t a real problem, you can also pretend it’s not Thursday’s Thanksgiving Day.
I don’t understand the urge to spend time with extended friends and family members, not if it means potentially putting some of them in the hospital and, in a small number of related cases, in the grave.
COVID-19 is a serious disease and is spreading rapidly. It is not exactly clear how the disease acts as a spreader and what it means in the long run for the people who will survive the coronavirus. Many people survived the poliovirus but spent the rest of their lives in iron lungs to breathe. President Franklin D. . Roosevelt used a combination of braces, wheelchair, personal wealth, and willpower to move around after contracting polio as an adult.
What would the pilgrims do? The Plymouth Pilgrims certainly understood the effects of disease, even if they did not understand the routes of transmission. Do you think the pilgrims would have sacrificed their personal welfare if they were there today?
Practically speaking, who will look after you and your family if you are all exposed to COVID-19 during Thanksgiving? Will everyone in your family be quarantined at home for 14 days? We all like Thanksgiving, but it won’t be worth it until day three of forced family time, and by day ten you will wish you had stayed away from family members.
And what about Thanksgiving 2021, when you have fewer families around the table and everyone is pointing fingers at each other because they brought the virus as a side dish the year before?
Chris McCarthy is the host of the Chris McCarthy Show at 1420 WBSM New Bedford. It can be heard from 10 a.m. on weekdays. m. until noon. Contact him at Chris. mccarthy @ Townsquaremedia. com and follow him on Twitter @Chris_topher_Mc. The opinions expressed in this comment are solely those of the author.
World News – US – It might be helpful to pretend it’s not Thanksgiving [OPINION]
. . Related title :
– Harvest Festival Myths: Don& # 39; do not believe everything your teacher has told you about the pilgrims
– 6 books The Thought About Thanksgiving Day – its meaning and its many contradictions
– Thanksgiving Lessons Throwing Off Pilgrim Hats, Welcome Truth
– In Pa. Thanksgiving is all about cooking, In Fla. , it& # 39; s about food | Keith Ori
– It might help to pretend it isn’t]
– Rejection about food politics won’t make bitter realities any less
– The true story of Thanksgiving for children
– <a href = "/? s = Like the ancestors of the English pilgrims from 10 million living Americans canceled: & is celebrating its 400th this month. birthday . . . How the ancestors of English pilgrims were canceled by 10 million living Americans: & celebrates its 400th this month. birthday . . .
– What you learned about the & # 39; first Thanksgiving& # 39; isn& # 39; is not true. Here is & the real story
– 400 years later, lessons from the Mayflower
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: