Diego Maradona became unwell after his team beat Gimnasia Patronato 3-0 and was hospitalized. The Argentine had surgery and showed signs of recovery, but suffered cardiac arrest and passed away
Receive the FREE Mirror Football newsletter by email with the day’s major headlines and broadcast news
Maradona was born on Jan.. October had an operation to remove a blood clot in his brain.
The Gimnasia boss became unwell after his side beat Patronato 3-0 and was hospitalized in La Plata, near the Argentine capital, Buenos Aires.
Scans discovered a subdural hemetoma that required Maradona to undergo immediate surgery to correct the problem before being sent home to continue his recovery.
According to reports in Argentina, Maradona showed signs of recovery, but the 60-year-old suffered cardiac arrest and has passed away.
It’s been a hectic season so far – don’t miss a thing by signing up for the brilliant new Mirror Football newsletter!
The latest broadcast news and big stories land right in your inbox. You will not miss it.
To sign up, put your email address at the top of this article or follow the instructions at this link.
Maradona is widely regarded as one of the greatest footballers of all time following his brilliant career in which he won the 1986 World Cup.
After moving up the ranks of the local Argentines Juniors club, Maradona moved to Boca Juniors and starred before moving to Barcelona in 1982.
He spent two years at Nou Camp before moving to Napoli, where he spent the next seven seasons and scored over 100 goals.
Maradona made his biggest mark on the international scene when he led Argentina to victory at the 1986 World Cup in Mexico.
He later managed Argentina, for which he scored 34 goals in 91 international matches between 2008 and 2010.
Honors have been received for Maradona, and Gary Lineker describes the Argentine as « probably the greatest of all time ». .
Lineker tweeted: « By far the best player of my generation and arguably the greatest of all time. After a blessed but troubled life, hopefully he will finally find some comfort in the hands of God. «
Diego Maradona, Argentina
World News – USA – Diego Maradona dies after cardiac arrest
. . Related title :
– BREAKING Diego Maradona dead: Argentine Football legend dies after heart attack
– Diego Maradona dead: Argentine football legend, 60, dies after cardiac arrest
– Diego Maradona dies: Argentina legend dies at the age of 60
– Footballing great Diego Maradona dies aged 60, reports say in Argentina
– BREAKING NEWS: Diego Maradona died of a heart attack just two weeks after leaving the hospital . . .
– Diego Maradona reportedly died in Argentina at the age of 60
– Diego Maradona dies at 60 after a heart attack
– Diego Maradona dies at 60: football legend dies
– Diego Maradona dead, report claims
– <a href = "/? s = Diego Maradona & # 39; dead& # 39; – The Argentine legend dies at the age of 60. Media reports claim Diego Maradona & # 39; dead& # 39; – The Argentine legend dies at the age of 60, media reports claim
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]