Growing up as a child with starry eyes always glued to the television, movie magazines were my window into the lives of the people I would be obsessed with on screen. Actors long ago stopped focusing solely on their work on screen, and tabloids took advantage of the viewer’s curiosity to get closer to the real person beyond the scripted character.
« The Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives » would like to benefit from this curiosity. It has nothing to do with Hindi cinema and everything to do with Bollywood, that imaginary gleaming city that supposedly stars live in.
It’s everything you hoped for and more. Intimate details of celebrity life served Karan Johar’s sense of humor, where he’s not afraid to attack his friends and sometimes himself.
He has shown his talent for getting the most controversial details about Koffee Karan public. He brings the same sass to « Bollywood Wives ». . The showmakers know exactly what the Instagram addicted audience wants and are ready to deliver.
Everything is exaggerated in this world – from fashion to lifestyle, affection and parenting. You have adapted very well the Cardashian way of criticizing your own family members in public so that you can learn what women think of their husbands.
There are numerous guest appearances from real Bollywood stars offering the audience more than just the lives of these Bollywood women. The series follows Bhavana Pandey, Maheep Kapoor, Seema Khan and Neelam Kothari Soni, wives of Chunky Pandey, Sanjay Kapoor, Sohail Khan and Samir Soni. Maheep is the mother of Bollywood aspirant Shanaya Kapoor and aunt to Arjun and Janhvi Kapoor, while the mother of Bhavana actress Ananya Panday is the mother.
Neither of them have superstar husbands, but they move in the right circles for enough cameos to come in. From Ekta Kapoor to Shah Rukh Khan to Karan Johar, there are enough big faces to wow audiences. The show is a large parade of celebrities walking in and out of frames.
It’s not just about flashing lights and fancy clothes, though. Nepotism, online trolling, false accents, fitness obsessions, cosmetic surgery – no topic is off the table. The show gives us a glimpse into every woman’s insecurities, even if they’re temporary.
The quartet is also very open about their opinions on each other, sometimes too honest to sound real. The women are sometimes portrayed as fearful, abusive, obsessive, paranoid, extravagant, and downright evil – anything expected of a gang of prominent mothers.
But it’s mostly cotton candy. There is no deep dive into a person’s psyche or a shocking revelation. The show feels like a big party and you’re in it right now.
Netflix could have paid a little more attention to subtitling – Gujarati was referred to as Bengali at one point in episode 2.
This show is the guilty pleasure many will indulge in, but few have the courage to borrow it from Kareena Kapoor Khan. It starts off with a bang, but the pace slows after a few episodes if you’re wondering if you really want to know more about these women and their lives. I mean how many crabs, claws and catfights can you really get through.
If you miss Sima Aunt in Indian matchmaking and need a fresh dose of reality TV bi-hiness in your life, check it out. Bigg Boss just doesn’t cut it anymore. I stopped looking after season 7.
Maheep Kapoor, Bollywood, Neelam Kothari, Seema Sachdev Khan, Karan Johar, Netflix, Sanjay Kapur
World News – USA – Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives Inevitable Guilty Pleasure
. . Related title :
– Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Women Ep 1 Review: The husbands steal the show at this crème de la crème bingefest
– & # 39; Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives& # 39 ;: Neelam, Seema, Maheep or Bhavna, who is the most scandalous of them all?
– >> Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives review : Everyone doesn’t bark a bite, this Desi Netflix show doesn’t even get trash TV right
– Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives Revie w: Karan Johar&s show is an inevitable guilty pleasure
– & # 39; The fabulous life of Bollywood Wives& # 39; gets thumbs up from Malaika Arora
– & # 39; Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives& # 39; Stars filming the latest Netflix reality sensation outside India (EXCLUSIVE)
– Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives Review: Netflix India Show Lacks Reality TV’s Inseparable Drama
– Fabulous Lives Of Bollywood Wives Review: It& # 39; s Anything But Fabulous
– Madhur Bhandarkar-Karan Johar Fracas ends on Twitter
– Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Women: Shah Rukh Khan Reveals Neelam Kothari is one of the reasons why he is . . .
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]