Posted: 14:54 GMT, 4. January 2021 | Updated: 5:29 PM GMT, Jan.. January 2021
A father drowned in front of his wife on a California beach trying to rescue his two young children, who were swept into the water by big waves and are still missing.
The tragic incident occurred shortly after 2 p.m. on Sunday in Blind Beach, Jenner, California, when a six-year-old girl and her four-year-old brother were playing in the sand at the water’s edge under the supervision of their parents.
At the time, there was a high surf notice on the coast due to strong currents and waves up to 24 feet.
A 40-year-old man drowned on Blind Beach in Jenner, California on Sunday afternoon trying to save his two young children from being swept at sea
According to official information, the children were too close to the water when a wave pulled them into the ocean, KRON4 reported.
Sonoma County Sheriff Lt. . Michael Raasch said the siblings’ 40-year-old father jumped into the water behind them and managed to grab his son, but the current swept all three at sea and drowned the man.
The victim’s wife and some Good Samaritans were able to pull him out of the water and begin CPR until first responders arrived, but he could not be saved. Shortly after 3 p.m. he was pronounced dead at the scene.
« The waves are very treacherous, » said Raasch to KPIX. “Even very strong swimmers would have difficulty getting out of the water. ‘
Children aged 6 and 4 were playing by the water when massive waves swept them into the water. You are now missing and believed to be dead
Rescue workers spent hours looking for the missing brother and sister on Sunday, but they only found a small jacket and shoes
The Sonoma County Sheriff’s Deputies, helicopters, a US Coast Guard crew, California Highway Patrol officers, firefighters and lifeguards joined forces to launch a large-scale search for the missing children that lasted hours, but only a small jacket and a pair of shoes turned up.
The search should continue on Monday morning to recover the children’s bodies. Officers from the sheriff’s office said the brother and sister were believed to be dead.
Monte Rio fire chief Steve Baxman told The Press Democrat that the drowning incident left first responders, who are known to have lost their entire family three days after the New Year started.
Share what you think
The views expressed in the above content are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We will automatically post your comment and a link to the message on your Facebook timeline as it is posted on MailOnline. To do this, we link your MailOnline account to your Facebook account. We ask you to confirm this for your first post on Facebook.
Sonoma County, Drowning, Jenner, Blind Beach
World News – USA – Father drowns while trying to save his children on the California beach
. . Related title :
– Father drowns trying to save his young children on the California beach; Children are still missing
– Father drowns, children swept at sea on Sonoma County coast
– The 40-year-old father drowns trying to save his children aged 6 and 4 after being swept away by huge waves . . .
– Dad drowns while trying to save children to save & # 39; swept out & # 39; At sea on California beach, officials say
– Four die in heavy surf, including father and two children on the Sonoma coast
– > Father dies trying to save his two children on Sonoma County Beach Beach, say sheriffs
– Man drowns, 2 children missing in the water on Sonoma County Beach
– Man dead, 2 children missing off the coast of Sonoma County in Jenner
– Man drowning , 2 children missing in water on Sonoma County Beach, authorities say
– Father drowns while trying to save sat ve 2 kids in Jenner, kids probably dead
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]