The hits for the Florida Gators keep coming back when they play Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl Classic on Wednesday night. Florida would be without key weapons on the offensive, but now the defense will also lack firepower.
According to Yahoo Sports’ Pete Thamel, the Gator’s defense against a powerful attack by the Sooners will be « cut significantly ». Thamel cites linebacker Ventrell Miller and defender Kyree Campbell as some of the players the defense will forego due to « injuries and opt-outs ». ”
Before today, the defense already knew that it would work without cornerback Marco Wlson, who had already signed off. On the offensive, the Gators Kyle Pitts and the wide receivers Trevon Grimes and Kadarius Toney will miss due to opt-outs. Also, Jacob Copeland will miss the bowl game due to his COVID-19 diagnosis.
With so many players out of the bowl game, head coach Dan Mullen and defensive coordinator Todd Grantham can take this as an opportunity to get reps for younger players on the roster. Grantham hopes it can serve as a building block for the 2021 season.
« I think it’s very important that they [younger players] get some snaps and some playing time because that way they can see where they are, » Grantham said. « It also builds confidence in the future and the fact that they are ready to take the horns as we go forward next year to be the kind of defense we want to be and to play by the standard that we have played two for the past 3 years. «
Florida’s defense took a significant step back in 2020, battling to replace the impact of star pass rusher Jonathan Greenard, while secondary school stepped back despite the return of three out of four starters.
© 2005-2020 CBS INTERACTIVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. .
Florida Gators Soccer, Oklahoma Sooners Soccer, Cotton Bowl Classic, College Football, University of Oklahoma, American Football, Southeastern Conference
World News – US – Florida Defense Will Be ‘Substantially Shorthanded’ vs.. . OU
. . Related title :
– Defense in Florida will be & # 39; significantly shortened & # 39; vs. . OU « > Florida defense will be & # 39; significantly shortened & # 39; vs.. . OU
– Florida vs.. . Oklahoma Prediction, Selection, Odds, Line, Spread, TV Channel, Live Stream, Cotton Bowl Start Time
– Cotton Bowl Classic: # 7 Florida vs.. . # 6 Oklahoma Live Stream, TV Channel, Start Time, Odds, Prediction
– 2020 Cotton Bowl Odds, Line: Florida vs.. . Oklahoma picks, predictions from model on 56-36 run
– <a href = "/? S = Public betting distribution and line movement for Cotton Bowl: Florida vs.. . Oklahoma Public betting splits and line movements for Cotton Bowl: Florida vs.. . Oklahoma
– Goodyear Cotton Bowl: Result predictions for Oklahoma-Florida
– 2020 Cotton Bowl Classic Free Live Stream (Sept.. 12th. 20): How to Fix Gators vs.. . Earlier, Time, Channel
– Florida-Oklahoma in Cotton Bowl dozen years after the title game
– > Oklahoma switches from Cotton Bowl outsiders to favorites when Florida stars unsubscribe.
– Cotton Bowl line, prediction: Oklahoma and Florida set to offensive blast
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: