EVANSTON, Ill. (AP) – Xavier Johnson scored 21 points and fed Justin Champagnie 5 points for the basket that won the game. 6 seconds before the game started and Pittsburgh rallied to beat Northwestern 71-70 in the ACC / Big Ten Challenge Wednesday night.
After Boo Buie missed a pair of free throws at 16. 3 seconds more, Johnson took the ball on the court and entered the left side of the lane, throwing the ball underneath to Champagnie as the doubles came.
That was the Panthers’ only lead in the game, and Northwestern never looked closely at a winning basket.
Champagnie scored 20 points and achieved a career high of 20 rebounds for Pitt (3-1). Au’Toney added 18 points.
Buie led Northwestern (2-1) with 14 points and was 8 of 9 off the line before the late mistakes. Ryan Young added 13 points and Chase Audige 12.
Audige had 10 points in the first half when the Wildcats took the lead 33-22 while Pittsburgh only shot 20. 5%, 2 of 14 from the 3-point range.
Pitt had an early 8-0 lead to get back into the game in the second half and turned into a one-ball game on six separate occasions with multiple chances to take the lead. The Panthers were seven when coach Jeff Capel received a technical foul, but the Wildcats only took a free throw and flipped the ball.
Two free throws from Toney reduced the deficit to 70-67 and then a trap in the backcourt became a bargain for Femi Odukale, who fed champagnie under the basket and made it a one-point game at 26. 9 to go.
Pittsburgh Panthers Men’s Basketball, University of Pittsburgh, Justin Champagnie, Northwestern University, Northwestern Wildcats Men’s Basketball, Atlantic Coast Conference
World News – USA – Johnson, Champagnie Rallye Pitt past Northwestern 71 -70
. . Associated title :
– Johnson, Champagne Rally Pitt after Northwestern 71-70
– Pitt rallies versus Northwestern, 71-70
– Pitt delivers in the clutch
– Pittsburgh vs.. . Northwestern Odds, line: 2020 ACC / Big Ten Challenge picks, predictions of the proven model
– Johnson Pitt shines in the wild second half and beats Wildcats 71-70
– Huge comeback for Pitt Basketball, game winner with 5. 6 seconds to go
– Pitt vs Northwestern Spread, Line , Odds, Predictions, Over / Under & Betting Insights for College Basketball Game
– Northwestern vs Illinois Prediction, Game Preview
– Justin Champagnie&’s big game, Late Dunk Send Pitt Past Northwestern, 71-70
– Eastern Illinois women& # 39; s Basketball ends the non-conference game in the Northwest
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: