15:29 left: Teddy Allen scored six of Nebraska’s first eight points at halftime when the Huskers took advantage of a 6-0 lead to take a 38-34 lead at the first media timeout. Georgia Tech’s Jose Alvarado committed his fourth foul early in the second half.
3:53 left: Nebraska survived almost five minutes without a field goal and follows Georgia Tech 27-24 with 3:53 in the first half. The teams are a combined 5-on-23 from the 3-point line to 16 minutes of the first half. GT shoots 43 percent off the ground in the first half at this point, with Michael Devoe taking the lead with 12 points and three rebounds.
7:20 left: Nebraska’s offensive stagnated somewhat, especially when Georgia Tech switched to zone defense. The Huskers went 2:10 without scoring and only shoot 33 percent from the field (3-on-9 from 3-point range). . Kobe Webster got six points off the bench for the Huskers.
10:20 left: After two bizarre minutes for both teams, it’s 15. Point guard Trey McGowens fouled Moses Wright of Georgia Tech, and when Wright and McGowens untangled, Lay Mayen whistled for a technician to push Wright. The ownership became a four-point ownership for the Yellow Jackets. Michael Devoe already has 10 for Georgia Tech while Dalano Banton leads Nebraska early on with seven points, five rebounds and two assists.
15:57 left: Nebraska had a good offensive flow in the beginning and went into the first media break with 8: 6. Trey McGowens started the scoring with a bucket and a free throw. Michael Devoe, who nearly had a triple double against Nebraska in Atlanta last year, has five early points for the Yellow Jackets.
Nebraska may be closer to getting one of its interior players back on the ground. Newcomer Eduardo Andre was sitting on the bench with his teammates on Wednesday night’s game with Georgia Tech, but not in uniform. If you just do the math, it seems Andre should be * back * to start the Big Ten game on December. 21st.
Nebraska basketball returns to the ground Wednesday night when the Huskers arrive at 6pm. 3 p.m. Georgia Tech align. m. CT as part of the Big Ten / ACC Challenge. Wednesday night’s game will be televised nationwide on ESPN2 with Kevin Brown and Jon Crispin. The game begins a busy week for the Huskers, who will face rival Creighton on Friday night in Omaha.
– The Huskers and Yellow Jackets meet for the second time in a row at the Big Ten / ACC Challenge. In last year’s matchup in Atlanta, Nebraska fell 73-56 against Georgia Tech, as Tech’s Michael Devoe almost had a triple-double in victory. Nebraska fought Georgia Tech’s zone defense in the matchup, shooting 32 percent off the field and making 18 sales.
– Understanding Georgia Tech this year has been a difficult task. The Yellow Jackets have lost games to Georgia State and Mercer this season, but win against Kentucky. Georgia Tech are returning four of their top five goalscorers from last season and have intermittently deployed a three-guard line-up this season which could help them against Nebraska’s quick offense. Georgia Tech finished fifth in the ACC last season, 11-9.
– Nebraska is falling for the first time since December. 1 win against South Dakota. The Huskers were scheduled to play Florida A&M on Sunday, but that game was canceled after positive Covid-19 tests on the Rattlers staff. Nebraska’s head coach Fred Hoiberg said this week that his team got through the disappointment of not playing on Sunday and focused on a tough week of games against Georgia Tech and Creighton.
– Nebraska will be December 22nd, according to KenPom. at the national pace. 6th. The Huskers are one of two Big Ten teams (including Iowa) currently in the top 50. Last year, NU led the Big Ten and was ranked 16th nationwide. space. This was the highest completion of any Big Ten program in the KenPom database since the website started tracking in 2001-2002. The Huskers come on average 80. 8 points per game and are one of 11 Big Ten teams currently averaging over 80 points per game over the season.
– While the offense and its pace are likely to draw the majority of the attention, Nebraska has improved their play on the defensive side of the ball. NU has shot 37 percent of its first four opponents, compared to 41 percent in the first four games of 2019-20. The Huskers have kept all four opponents below 70 points after keeping just 32 opponents in 32 games below that mark in 2019-20. The Huskers have had 48 steals in four games so far this season. The total ranks ninth in the nation, and the average per game ranks sixth.
© 2005-2020 CBS INTERACTIVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. .
Nebraska Cornhuskers Men’s Basketball, Big Ten Conference, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Men’s Basketball, Fred Hoiberg, Atlantic Coast Conference, Basketball
World News – USA – LIVE UPDATES: Nebraska 38 vs.. . Georgia Tech 34; 2. half
. . Related title :
– LIVE UPDATES: Nebraska 30 vs.. . Georgia Tech 32; 2. Half
– Staring Husker matures & # 39 ; ready& # 39; for this week&s litmus test
– Hoops Matchday: Nebraska vs.. . Georgia Tech
– Nebraska men& # 39; s basketball looks forward to challenges against Georgia Tech, Creighton
– Nebraska basketball must stay in & # 39 stay; Attack mode & # 39; against Georgia Tech
– Georgia Tech visits Nebraska in the ACC / Big Ten Challenge
– <a href = "/? s = Huskers for rematch vs.. . Georgia Tech in ACC / B1G Challenge Huskers on rematch against. Georgia Tech in the ACC / B1G Challenge
– Nebraska wants to get going vs.. . Georgia Tech
– Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Preview, weekly press conference
– Contest for Huskers with Big Ten on the horizon
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: