ATHENS, Ga. – It’s Saturday in the classic city. No. 13 Georgia will take on the state of Mississippi under the lights of Sanford Stadium, as the domestic bulldogs try to remove a sour taste from their mouths. For the first time since 2016, UGA has felt the sting of a loss in Florida and they are no longer in control of their own destiny for the College Football Playoffs or SEC East.
Georgia is 4-2 this year with a chance to play in a Six Bowl for New Years, but it will need serious help getting to the SEC championship game for the fourth straight year – help that is highly unlikely to get on the Gators schedule with the remaining games. The Kirby Smart team can only control what they can control, and that begins on Saturday against the state of Mississippi.
The Bulldogs from SEC West hobble into it. Although there are only 49 scholars available, they have made the trip to Athens and want to play. Mike Leach’s team is 2-4 in the first six games. The year started with an exciting win against defending champions LSU, but lost four times in a row before returning to the victory column against Vanderbilt two weeks ago.
Georgia is also dealing with its fair share of injuries that come into this game. The reception corps and line of defense have been hit particularly hard in the past few weeks, but the Home Bulldogs should get some key figures back.
The storylines for UGA are numerous. JT Daniels will make his first start at the quarterback for the Bulldogs. Georgia could also break the black kits for the first time since 2016. It could be fun for the limited home audience. Kickoff is set at 7:39 p. m. ET and the SEC Newtwork will televise the game, but Dawgs247 provides links below to stream, listen to and follow the live stats.
There’s one more way to keep up with the action. In the lower area, Dawgs247 will provide updates on what happened before and during the game. We publish the most important games, highlights, scores and much more. Simply use the refresh button on your browser to view these as they were published.
SALES DOWNS: Azeez Ojulari breaks through and dismisses Will Rogers in 4th place to put the game on hold. Ojulari now has 4. 5 bags a year.
TOUCHDOWN (9:50): Daniels throws his fourth touchdown of the night on a pass to Kearis Jackson. It spanned 40 yards and was on Nov.. and 20. after a suspended sentence that nullified a first defeat with George Pickens. Daniels is raising a career by overtaking touchdowns in one game and yards in one game. Podlesny’s PAT gives UGA a 31-24 lead.
TOUCHDOWN (5:17): The state of Mississippi answers again with a touchdown drive of 11 games and 75 meters. Johnson hits it from ten feet away after Rogers Osirus Mitchell on Jan.. and 11. found for 15 yards to set it up. The PAT ties it up by 24 each.
TOUCHDOWN (11:03): UGA got off to an ideal start to the second half when Daniels found Burton for a 48-yard touchdown. It completed an 8-game, 75-yard drive in which Daniels converted a pair of third downs. Podlesny’s PAT puts Georgia in the lead 24-17.
TOUCHDOWN (0:30): Daniels and his company manage the two-minute drive very well, overcoming two perimeter holding penalties and covering 70 yards in seven games. Daniels found Burton for an 18-yard touchdown to end him. He also met Burton 46 yards earlier in the ride. Podlesny’s PAT ties the game at 17.
TOUCHDOWN (1:28): Jaden Walley beats Mark Webb on a corner route and a perfect throw allows him to go 51 yards for a touchdown. The MSU caught and exposed Georgia in its coverage of people. Ruiz’s PAT brings the visiting Bulldogs to 17-10.
FIELD GOAL (3:10): UGA combines it with a 51-yard drive with five games. Daniels met Jermaine Burton for a 49 yard win on the first game of the ride where he sidelined the defense and got a free game. Then the journey came to a standstill and only gained two meters. Podlesny came and connected from 41 meters to make it 10-10.
TOUCHDOWN (5:24): Dillon Johnson lets it come in from four meters away after another long drive from the visiting Bulldogs. MSU used 14 games to travel 75 yards and Ruiz’s PAT gives them a 10-7 lead.
TOUCHDOWN (12:28): UGA used 11 games to go 69 yards, with Daniels George Pickens for a touchdown of four yards on 3rd. and a goal of 4 takes place. The trip was hampered by a defensive pass disorder on a deep ball to Pickens on Jan.. and 10. supported. Jack Podlesny’s PAT gives the Bulldogs a 7-3 lead.
FIELD OBJECTIVE (6:54): The State of Mississippi uses 15 games to travel 71 yards and convert three of four first downs. The ride stops at the UGA’s five-yard line and Brandon Ruiz hits a 22-yard field goal. MSU draws the first blood and takes a 3-0 lead.
– Kenny McIntosh (knee and thigh) returns to warm up before the game. He missed the last two games as well as most of the Alabama game.
– JT Daniels takes snapshots of Trey Hill while warming up before the game. An indication that he will be the starter. Bennett takes snapshots of Warren Ericson, the No.. 2 middle. Carson Beck Takes Snapshots No.. 3 Quarterback with D’Wan Mathis aside.
– No surprise, but Arian Smith is dressed. He traveled with the team to the Florida game in Jacksonville two weeks ago and has been training fully since then. He was out for the first five games of the year after undergoing knee surgery before the season.
– Georgia will put on black kits against the state of Mississippi. The announcement was made on Georgia Football’s official Twitter account about 2 hours before kick-off.
– The second recipient George Pickens and the second security officer Lewis Cine were announced as starters on the video card, as these were rehearsed hours before kick-off. Pickens hasn’t traveled with the team in the last two games and Cine had a concussion against Florida two weeks ago.
– Stetson Bennett IV is listed as a starter on the flip card depth map provided. However, if UGA goes through the likely starting grid on the large board, JT Daniels will likely be listed as a starter there.
© 2005-2020 CBS INTERACTIVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. .
Georgia Bulldogs Soccer, Mississippi State Bulldogs Soccer, JT Daniels, American Football, Southeastern Conference, USC Trojan Soccer, Kirby Smart
World News – USA – Live Updates: No.. 13 Georgia 31 – Miss St. . 24 – FINAL
. . Related title :
– Live Updates: No.. 13 Georgia 31 – Miss St. . 24 – FINAL
– <a href = "/? S = Watch: Georgia takes the lead on March 3rd. and 20. "Watch: Georgia takes the lead on Jan.. and 20.
– RECAP: Georgia Offensive comes alive, wins Battle of the Bulldogs 31-24
– Georgia trainers tell SEC Network why JT Daniels did not start
– UGA soccer QB JT Daniels starts against Mississippi State
– Mississippi State vs.. . Georgia Odds and Pick: How to Get That Big SEC Spread on Saturday (Nov.. . 21)
– Live Updates: Mississippi State, Georgia in tight SEC football battle
– Open Thread in the first quarter: Paint It Black
– So Far So Good: Georgia QB JT Daniels Receives Great Reviews Midway Through UGA Debut
– Mississippi State in Georgia by Numbers: Bulldogs on Post Florida Roll