DETROIT (AP) – Collin Sexton scored 32 points and three of his teammates had at least 21 points, which helped the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Detroit Pistons 128-119 in two overtime on Saturday night.
The Cavs took advantage of Detroit to take advantage of the opportunity to win in regulation and first overtime. They improved to 2-0 and dropped the pistons to 0-2.
Cleveland center Andre Drummond had 23 points and 16 rebounds, Darius Garland 21 points and 12 assists and Cedi Osman 22 points. Kevin Love, who scored 15 points, returned after missing the opener with a calf injury and JaVale McGee had 11 points off the bench for the Cavs.
Jerami Grant had 14 of his 28 points in the third quarter when the pistons took control before blowing them, and Blake Griffin finished the race with 26 points. Detroit’s Derrick Rose had 13 points, missed 11 of 15 shots and had some costly turnovers.
Cleveland was leading 59: 53 at halftime, with three goalscorers – Sexton, Osman and Garland – already in double digits. Griffin had 18 points at halftime and scored all of his points with 3 pointers with only two errors behind the bow.
Detroit ended run three with a 14-0 run, delimited by Grant’s 3-pointers from the team’s logo on midfield, after the Cavs led by 11 points earlier in the quarter.
The Pistons were more than three minutes ahead of 101-93, allowing the Cavs to score their final eight points – five on Drummond’s free throws – in the quarter to extend the game.
Rose gave the Pistons a nine-point lead in extra time. He later lost the opportunity to seal the win with a casual turn-around while guarded by Drummond 13 seconds before the end and lost the ball by trickling it off Drummond’s foot to return it to the Cavs with a 1. 2 more seconds.
Cleveland couldn’t take a shot after Love’s pass was deflected at the end of the first extra time.
Cavs: Striker Isaac Okoro, the No.. 5 overall pick this year, 0 for 4 and goalless in 42 minutes . . . Cleveland was without Matthew Dellavedova due to a concussion, Dylan Windler, who faced Charlotte and Kevin Porter Jr in the season opener win. . who is charged with improper use of firearms in a vehicle.
Piston: Team owner Tom Gores admitted the franchise is being rebuilt with a revamped roster, and he hopes fans will be patient with a Zoom call with the young team during a pre-game press conference. . . . Detroit was allowed to have up to 250 spectators in the stands, and there were approximately 100 family members of players and coaches, team employees and invited guests in attendance.
Cleveland Cavaliers, Detroit Pistons, Kevin Love and Andre Drummond
World news – USA – Sexton scores 32 points, Cavs defeated Pistons 128-119 in 2 OT
. . Associated title :
– Sexton scores 32 points , Cavs hit pistons 128-119 in 2 OT
– pistons slip another away, defeat against Cavs in Double-OT
– Pistons vs Cavaliers Gamethread: game time, TV, odds and more
– <a href = "/? s = Detroit Pistons Game vs.. . Cleveland Cavaliers: Andre Drummond Returns Detroit Pistons game vs.. . Cleveland Cavaliers: Andre Drummond returns
– Kevin Love back to Cavs after missing opener with calf injury
– Kevin Love, Dante Exum celebrates his season debut on Saturday evening in Detroit
– Love back to Cavs after missing the opener with a calf injury
– Central Notes: Giannis, Temple, Love
– Kevin Love fits Cavs after missing the opener with a calf injury
– Cavs: Kevin Love, Dante Exum who will likely go is the key to looking at against. DET